Chapter 45 - Coffee Shop and Butterfly Kisses

September 30, 2013

*Chloe's POV*

"I'll see you later, babe," Ashton told me as he pecked my lips. It was a Monday, and I was getting ready to head back to school. Ashton was also getting ready to take Kaely to school too.

I got in my car and drove off. I drove towards the college, but took a small detour to a local coffee shop.

I walked in and got my daily coffee. I sat down for just five minutes so I could relax and drink my coffee to get the week started right.

After a minute of sitting in the coffee shop, a guy who seems around my age comes up to me. He sits beside me, and I try to scoot away.

"So are you from around here?"

"Well, I'm in college at UWS," I told him, not wanting to be in the conversation with him. I'm guessing he hadn't noticed my engagement ring. He looked at me, eyeing me up and down. Who does he think he is? If he's looking at me that way and that much, how has he not seen my engagement ring?

"Oh, a college girl, huh?" He smirked.

"Yeah. Also a taken girl," I held up my left hand to him, making sure he saw my engagement ring. His eyes widened. Not in shock, but in realization.. He realized something about me. He acted like he sort of knew me by the way he looked at me then. All he did was walk away after rolling his eyes. Asshole.

I finished my coffee and left. After that awkward encounter and my coffee, I was ready to go off to my college to begin the week. After only a weekend, I had missed Kristen a whole lot. I had lots of this to tell her, but I didn't tell her about the guy in the coffee shop.

------

I arrived home that afternoon to see Ashton playing with Kaely and Dax. I joined them for a little before I had to study.

"Hey baby," Ash smiled.

"Hey Ash.." I pecked his lips.

"Mummy!" Kaely ran to me and hugged me.

"Hey, sweetie, how was school?"

"Good," she smiled and ran off.

"I had this weird encounter this morning at the coffee shop.."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. This guy came up to me and starred to, like, hit on me.."

"You know I don't like any other guy hitting on you."

"I know. It's just, this guy seemed like he knew me, somehow?"

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Oh.. I don't know. If he would know you, he'd know that you're engaged."

"That's true. Never mind, I guess.." I brushed it off, then grabbed my backpack.

------

The next morning, I walked into the coffee shop, and the guy walked in again, about the same time as yesterday. But someone was walking in behind him. Kristen.

"Hey Kristen!" I motioned her to come over. She same me and grabbed the boy's arm.

"Hey.." I said the to guy. He just avoided eye contact.

"Jonah, this is Chloe I was telling you about," Kristen looked at him.

"Is he your boyfriend?" I asked her.

"Yeah," she smiled.

"Oh," I didn't know what to say, "how long have you been dating?"

"Just a month or so."