Chapter 6 - Funerals, Parents, and Kaely's Father

"What do you mean it's not your father? This is Travis Walters!" The pastor claimed.

"This is not him. The part in his hair is different, and this man does not have a scar like my father does! He may look exactly like him, but it's not him. There are about seven people in the world that look very similar to each and every one of us, so you must've found one of those men that look exactly like my father!! Ugh!" I was so mad at him, even though it wasn't his fault.

"I'm so sorry, miss. I had no idea. I was going by what the police told everyone. They said that this was Travis Walters, and that I was conducting the service at his funeral" he defended himself.

I got out my phone and dialed my dad's cell phone number. It was ringing, and then he answered, so I put it on speaker phone.

"Hello? Chloe?" He asked.

"Hey dad. I need to make sure of something. On what finger do you have a scar and what from?"

"It's on my pointer finger from cutting my finger too deep. Why?" You could tell that he was not drunk for once.

"Honey, who is that?" asked my mother in the background. She wasn't drunk either. What was going on?

"That's him," I told the pastor, "and could you give me a minute?"

The pastor nodded and was still confused about my father. I walked away and left him there to talk to my parents.

"So.. You guys aren't at a club and aren't drunk?"

"Actually, no. We haven't been to a club or drunk for the past nine months. We've been in rehab ever since we heard about you having a child. We are doing better now, but we're still struggling to get on our feet," he explained, and I was amazed. They stopped drugs. They stopped alcohol. And it is all for me and Kaely.

"That is amazing, dad.." I said, starting to cry, "and you can come stay with me and Mrs. Smith. She's been taking care of me for the past year and a half. She'll let you guys stay too. If it helps you get back on your feet..."

"Are you sure?"

"100 percent positive. She took me in when you guys were still on drugs and I found out I was pregnant. She'll let you guys stay."

"Thank you so much, Chloe. I miss you, but I'll see you soon. I think I remember where she lives. I've been there before," he said, but I explained to him where we live just be sure he knows.

"Okay. I love you sweetie," he said.

"I love you too!" I said, than we said "bye" at the same time.

I hung up and walked over to Ashton and Kaely. Ashton looked at me and saw the happiness on my face.

"Are you glad you got to see your dad once more or is it something else?" He asked.

"Well.. I will be seeing him later tonight and so will you."

"I will? You will? What? What is going on?"

"That's not him. He looks exactly like my dad, but the part in his hair is slightly different and he doesn't have a scar on his pointer finger like my dad does. Also, I'll explain to you the rest on our way home," I told him, getting into the front seat of the car in front of him. Mrs. Smith began driving us home, and I explained everything that had just happened to Ashton and Mrs. Smith.

------

When my parents got to our house, they hugged me nonstop. They looked so much different, especially since they weren't on drugs anymore. We talked for over an hour trying to catch up on everything they've missed the past seven years, and mostly in the past year and a half. They gave me money for all of the money they took from me for drugs. They figured out they owed me $1,534. They gave it to me and made sure I promised to spend most of it on myself, not Kaely. I promised, and they handed me the money. I stuck it in my secret place I hide money, in one of the couch cushions. I would take it up to my room later.

"I'm glad we'll be staying here for a while. I want to be with you and our grandchild as much as possible, since we've missed seven years of your life and all of its life," my mum said, and I forgot that she didn't know if I had a boy or girl or what her name was.

"Yeah," I smiled.

It being 8:30, I had Ashton upstairs trying to get Kaely to go to sleep. I told him to sing to her, read to her, anything. It was already almost an hour past her bedtime. I usually put her to bed at 7:45.

I heard footsteps down the stairs and I hoped it was Ashton saying that Kaely was finally asleep. Ashton walked into the living room with Kaely in his arms.

"Babe.. I've tried everything. Singing, reading, and I even played with her a little bit to see if that is what she wanted. I can't do anything more," Ashton said, walking towards me. I saw my mum cover her mouth after her jaw dropped.

"I'll take care of it. Thanks Ash" I said, kissing his cheek.

"Wait.." My mum said, "can I see her?"

"Yeah.. Really quick though. I need to get her to sleep"

"What's her name?" Dad asked, watching as my mum held her.

"Kaely Grace"

"Kaely? That's adorable!" Mum exclaimed.

"Okay.. I need to get her to sleep. You'll be seeing a lot of her if you're staying here. You can hold her more tomorrow.." I told her, taking Kaely.

"Okay-" she said, letting me take Kaely.

I took Kaely up to the nursery, then she pointed to her stuffed penguin on the dresser. That's what she wanted! I gave her the penguin, and she cuddled it as I sang to her. She fell asleep within minutes, and I made my way downstairs.

Mum pulled me out of the room really quick and asked me, "is he Kaely's father?"

"No," I answered, "Kaely's father is in jail, because he raped me and got me pregnant."

"Oh my god, Chloe, you were raped.. Are you okay?" She was worried.

"Mum, I'm fine. I have Kaely and Ashton, my boyfriend, who is like a father figure to Kaely."

"Oh. That makes sense. He seems like a nice boy," she said, sounding more like a mum now, saying 'nice boy'.

"Yeah, he is," I smiled.

We walked back into the living room where Ashton is talking with my dad about him dating me and he gave him the famous speech that dads give to their daughter's boyfriends. He looked at me with the words "help me" written all over his face. I just giggled a little, and my dad stopped lecturing him.

Mum sat down after I sat next to Ashton. My parents began to fire questions at Ashton, wanting to know more about who I was dating. They asked him many different things like what his parents names were, where he lives, when we started dating, how we met, and of course my dad had to add how well he is treating Kaely and me. They said that they were okay with us dating and that Ashton seemed good for me, and I agreed.