Chapter 25 - "Like shit, right?"

November 2, 2012

The next Friday was prom. It was getting close to the end of our senior year, and we were glad. Prom was going to be amazing with Ashton. I couldn't wait.

I was in my room, putting on my heels. It felt like I was getting ready for a wedding, my wedding, since I was getting so dressed up. Everyone says prom is so important, though, especially senior prom.

My dress was pink with a black band around my waist, and above that was sparkles. Below that was ruffles. The ruffles in the front cut off around my upper thighs, and the ruffles in the back continued down to my feet (pic attached).

My heels were black with a band that wrapped around my ankle, plus a little silver strip that continued down to my toes, connecting with two criss-crossed black strips (pic attached).

Ashton wasn't here to pick me up yet and to take me to dinner after dropping Kaely off at my parents' house, but I was ready and waiting. When I brought Kaely downstairs to wait also, she was talking to me about what we were doing that night.

"Mummy, why are you so dressed up?" She wondered, "are you being a princess like me?" She spun around in her 'princess' dress.

"No, sweetie, I'm going to prom with daddy," I explained, even though she didn't know what prom was.

"What's prom?" I knew she would ask.

"Prom is a really nice dance that people getting out of high school go to," I tried to explain it to her in four year old talk without using "formal" or "graduating".

"Oh. You're getting out of school? How?"

"When you get to be mummy's age, you graduate which means getting out of school, then you go to college for more school and get a job for money after that."

"Oh," she sort of understood now.

"I really like your dress, mummy," she complimented, "I want to wear that to my prom."

"Maybe you will. We'll see."

"You're beautiful, and you look stunning wearing that," I was surprised at the words that were coming out of my four year old's mouth.

"What? Where'd you learn those words?"

"Daddy says them about you all the time. He whispers them to himself, but I can hear him." I thought that was amazing. Ashton calls me those things, and Kaely picked up on it. He must say it a lot for her to pick up those words.

"Oh," I thought about what she had just said more.

"Is something wrong, mummy?"

"No, sweetheart. I'm just waiting for daddy to come."

"Where am I gonna go during your prom? Am I going with you?"

"No, baby, you're going to grammy and pappy's."

"Oh okay. I want to go with you, though."

"How about tomorrow we have a pretend prom, and mummy can get you all dressed up, put some makeup on you, and let you try on my high heels, okay? That'll be fun," I had no idea the promise I was making.

"Okay."

That was when there was a knock at the door. I walked over to it. When I opened it, it revealed a very handsome, as always, Ashton. Kaely ran over and jumped into his arms.

"Hello Kaely," he whispered to her, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"You gave her a kiss before me?"

"Sorry, babe," he examined me, the way the dress hugged my body perfectly, "Fuck.."

"Ash.." I gave him a warning look before looking at Kaely.

"Sorry.." He mouthed back.

"What does fuck mean?" She wondered. Why did she have to be so observant?

"It isn't a nice word to say, so don't say it," I scolded.

"Oh.. It's a bad word. Like shit, right?" She questioned. She knew shit too?

"Yes, Kaely, now don't say those words," I told her a second time.

"Okay.." She stopped and for the first time tonight, I looked past Ashton to see what was behind him: a limo.. Oh my god..

"Wait.. You got a limo?"

"Yeah.. I thought, 'if we don't travel in style, we might as well not travel at all'" he explained. With that, we were all three walking towards the limo, excited for tonight.

~

Note my quote from the TFIOS movie❤️ "I told them if I don't travel in style, I might as well not travel at all." Augustus Waters needs to be my bf. Ashton Irwin would be better😊😍

-Lizzie:)