Chapter 41 - Kristen

The next day, Kristen showed up. She freaked out when she saw me. I had already invited the boys over, and they were in the house.

"Kristen.. Come meet Calum, Michael, and that doofus," I told her, pointing to Luke who had a tiara on. She laughed, but she didn't go crazy when she met them. I was surprised. I liked it when fans were cool like that.

"Ashton.. It was your daughter that did it," Luke told me. I laughed.

"Wait.. Is Kaely really your daughter?" Kristen was confused. Maybe Chloe hadn't told her about Jacob.

"Not biologically. I feel like she is, though. I've been around her since she was eleven months old. Her first word was actually dada, and she was pointing right at me. She calls her dad the 'bad man'. I'd rather not talk about that, though."

"Oh, that's fine. Could I meet Kaely?" She smiled.

"Of course. Kaely, baby, come here!" I yelled up to her bedroom.

Her little feet carried her down the steps. She ran into the living room to see Kristen. I don't think she knew Kristen.

"Kaely, this is mummy's friend, Kristen," I told her. Kristen smiled at Kaely, and she smiled back.

"It's nice to meet you," Kristen opened her arms. Kaely accepted the offer and hugged her.

"So where is Chloe?" Kristen looked at me after letting Kaely go.

"That's the problem," I looked down.

"What? What happened?" She was worried.

"Chloe was kidnapped. We know who it was, but we don't know where they are."

"Oh my god. Didn't that happen before?"

"It has, yes. Only six months ago."

"Wow."

"Yeah."

"Have you heard from her? Anything?"

"I have not heard her voice in ten weeks. Kaely told me she's been mad at me."

"Oh my god-" Kristen put a hand over her mouth.

"What? Did something happen to make her mad at me?"

"I didn't know she'd be that mad. I thought it was real when I showed her.." I was worried about what she was talking about.

"Mad about what?"

She got onto her phone. She showed me pictures of me with a girl that I didn't even know. Once kissing, once holding hands, and once just together. All photoshopped. "These," she told me.

"Why?"

"I didn't know they were photoshopped at the time. I'm so sorry, Ashton," she looked at me, turning off her phone and replacing it to her pocket.

I sighed, "It's fine. I just wish I would've known that. Every time I called to talk to Kaely, I would ask to talk to Chloe, but Kaely told me she would shake her head, saying she didn't want to talk. I knew I had hurt her, but I didn't know what I did.."

"The pictures didn't last up any longer than a week. People got over it and didn't see any more pictures, so I thought she was over it. That explains why she wasn't talking about you."

"I wonder if she knows that I'm looking for her.. I hope she knows I am. I don't want her to think I don't care."

"Don't worry, Ashton. She won't hate you forever. She could never completely hate you, especially the way she talks about you."

"Really?"

"Obviously.. It's so easy to tell she loves you."

I just smiled. I needed my baby back, soon. I couldn't let her go much longer. I needed to push the police on this. I can't do this.