Chapter 15 - Bitch

About two weeks later, I had dropped Kaely off at Ashton's, and I went home and had an idea. I was going to call Alicia to see what she knew about the kiss two weeks ago. Maybe she would tell the truth if I used a voice that she wouldn't recognize me in.

I dialed her number which I got from one of her friends. She didn't pick up the first two rings, and I was worried. Finally, right before the third ring, she picked up. She didn't know who it was.

"Hello?" She wondered who I was, of course.

"Hey," I said in a weird voice, "I was wondering if you and Ashton are dating?"

"Um, no.. I asked him out, though..." she was so stupid. She was telling me these things and I didn't even tell her who I was, "He said no because he has a girlfriend. I knew that, though. It's that bitch Chloe, do you know her?"

"Yeah, I know her," I said, talking regularly now.

"Chloe- I-"

"Shut it. But thanks for telling me that stuff.. I really appreciate it," I smiled, even though she couldn't see me. Ashton was telling the truth. I did feel like a bitch.

"Oh.. You're welcome?" She said, and I hung up. I began to cry a little. I didn't believe him when he was telling the truth. I feel so bad.

I decided just to go over to his house. I rummaged through my purse to find my car keys. I realized Ashton must've dropped his phone in my purse by accident before I left earlier. I picked it up and turned it on.

He kept his screensaver the same: Kaely and me doing splits. I couldn't believe he hadn't changed it. I unlocked it. His password was still the same. It was 2456, because that spelled out "Chlo". I looked in his pictures. I wasn't being a stalker or anything, but I just wanted to be sure he hadn't been with anyone else. All he had were old pictures of me, Kaely and me, him and me, or all of us. I missed that. I wanted that back.

The only new pictures were of Kaely when I had dropped her off at his house the past few times. Also, he had some screenshotted photos, but that's all.

I put his phone in my pocket then continued searching for my keys. Once I found them, I walked out to the car after yelling to Mrs. Smith about going to get Kaely. She knew something was up because it had only been thirty minutes or less, but she didn't question it. I began to drive towards Ashton's house, thinking of how I'd tell him I forgive him.

When I got to his house, I didn't knock. I just walked in, and I looked to my left to see "Tangled" playing on the TV, Kaely's favorite new movie. She's seen it lots of times, too many times. Kaely was sitting on the recliner, stretched out. She saw me and smiled. She was about to say something when I put my finger over my mouth, telling her to be quiet for a minute. I walked over to Ashton, who was asleep on the couch. I placed my legs in either side of him and sat down on him, waiting for him to wake up.

Slowly, I saw his eyes starting to open. When his eyes were opened the whole way, he wiped them, still being asleep a little. Then he looked back up at me, his eyes widening because he was surprised, then his face created a confused look. He didn't know what was going on.

"Chloe..." He said, quietly and still confused.

"No.. It's babe," I whispered, then began to kiss him. He kissed me back, but I could tell he was still confused about what's was going on. I knew he didn't mind, though.

He pulled his lips from mine, and asked me, "is this just a dream? You hate me, though.."

"No, Ash, it's not a dream. It's real life, and I feel like such a bitch for not trusting you."