Chapter 3 - "Not Jacob's"

Later that night, youth group ended, and Kaely still didn't want to give Ashton up. Ashton was going to stay at my house tonight. It didn't matter if he had his school stuff or not because tomorrow we had off. It was a makeup day, like for a snow day, but we didn't have to make one up.

We walked outside, Ashton still carrying Kaely, and he told his mum that he was staying at my house.

*Ashton's POV*

I walked over to my mum's car and she greeted me by winding down the window and saying, "hey sweetheart, how was youth group?"

"Good, like usual" I told her.

"Now who's this?" She asked, pointing to Kaely.

"This is Kaely. You know, Chloe's daughter? I was telling you about her last night"

"Oh yeah.. Chloe's kid. You've been acting like you're her father," she didn't seem real interested.

"What?"

"I don't know about her.. She has a daughter that's almost a year old and she just turned fifteen? She seems like a bit of a slut to me.."

"Don't you ever call her a slut again.."

"Why? She got pregnant at thirteen!"

"Yeah? So? That doesn't make her a slut!"

"How does it not make her a slut?"

"Maybe she got raped! Maybe that's how she got pregnant, mum! Maybe her parents are into drugs, and her parents aren't there to help her! And you know what? That's all true! And Kaely's father is in jail! So, I'm the only father figure she has. I don't want her growing up without a father like I did! So don't you ever call her a slut again!" I defended Chloe and Kaely, yelling lots.

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin!!!" She scolded me, "you do not yell at your mother like that!"

"You don't get it mum, do you? Chloe was raped and her parents are into drugs, not helping Chloe at all. So you have no reason to call her a slut."

"I'm sorry, Ashton. I just thought she got pregnant with her boyfriend and they, like, broke up or something. I'm sorry.."

"Mum, it's fine, just don't call her a slut again! Okay?"

"Okay."

"And I want to stay at her house tonight. Is that okay?"

"I guess."

"Thanks mum," I thanked her, giving her a hug through the window. I then realized Chloe was behind me.

"Hello Chloe!" Mum said.

"Hello Anne Marie!" Chloe smiled at my mum, and we both walked towards her car.

By now, Kaely was asleep. I was able to put her down and into her car seat. I did that, and we drove off towards Chloe's house.

------

After about twenty minutes, we were back to Chloe's house. Kaely started to cry, saying, "dada!!" like usual. I picked her up out of her seat and took her inside. We walked up to Chloe's bedroom, and I handed Kaely to Chloe. She began to get out Kaely's pajamas, and I asked her if I could help.

"Um, yeah. Thanks" Chloe smiled, watching me and telling me what to do since I was new at this parent thing. She helped me change Kaely's diaper and change her into her pajamas.

"I love helping you with Kaely. It seems like she's my daughter and not Jacob's.." He laughed.

"Yeah, I know. I wish you were her biological father.." Chloe admitted.

"Really?" I asked.

"Really," she confirmed, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

*Chloe's POV*

Ashton then picked Kaely up and laid on my bed with Kaely on his chest. I changed quickly after that. I told Ashton not to watch me, but I'm pretty sure he was staring at me the whole time. I laid down beside him after turning the lights off, and snuggled up to Ashton who only had sweatpants on. He always wears sweatpants and a t-shirt to youth group, and he just took the t-shirt off. He looked hot in just sweatpants with no shirt. I fell asleep that night curled up next to Ashton with Kaely on his chest.