Chapter 46 - The Walls

October 29, 2013

I arrived at college that morning, after getting my daily coffee, of course. Kristen came up to me and smiled.

"Guess what?" She was excited.

"What?"

"My concert is tomorrow night!" She squealed.

"Really! That's great! I can't wait to see Ashton again in two days."

"You're so lucky you get to date him," she crossed her arms.

"Sorry," I told her.

"You know.. I do have one extra ticket. I don't know who I should take. I'm thinking I should take someone who is dating someone in the band.. And someone who's never seen their boyfriend preform during this tour," Kristen smirked at me.

"Really!?"

"Yeah," she smiled.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed. I hadn't seem Ashton or the band in concert before. I was excited.

"It's going to be a great concert!"

"What if i can't get my parents or Ash's mum to babysit Kaely?"

"My parents aren't doing anything tomorrow night, I know that. They could keep her. Just bring her along. Then you can just sleep at my house, since it's an eight-hour drive."

"Okay. And I could meet your family too. They seem really nice."

"There's lots of kids, though. You know I have eleven siblings, right?"

"I know."

"And you know we don't live right in the city."

"I know."

"Good. Text me when you get into Melbourne tomorrow and I'll give you directions to my house. You'll know which is mine.. It's a big house."

"Yeah, it has to fit thirteen people! You are the oldest, right?"

"Yeah."

"Wow. What are their names again?"

"Katie, Kai, Kaleb, Kylie, Kit, Kayla, Kara, Kyle, Konnor, Kayden, Kian."

"Kayden and Konnor are girls, right?"

"Yeah."

"Your parents really like K's."

"Yeah, I'd say. They really like kids too."

"That also starts with a K!"

"Yup," she laughed.

------

The next morning, I wrote Kaely a note that I would be picking her up early from school. The concert was at nine-thirty, and it takes eight and a half hours to get there. I'll have to find Kristen's house, go there and drop Kaely off, then get to the arena early to get in and get our seats. I hadn't told Ashton yet. Kristen had gotten front row seats, and I was hoping he'd see us.

"Mummy, where am I going tonight?"

"You're going to one of mummy's friends' house. They have a few kids around your age that you can play with, okay?" I promised her. Kyle and Konnor were twins, and they were four. Kayden was three. Kian was two. They were the only ones really close to her age. All of them were: Katie, 17; Kai and Kaleb, 16; Kylie, 14; Kit, 13; Kayla, 10; Kara, 8; Kyle and Konnor, 4; Kayden, 3; Kian, 2.

"Okay," she smiled and put some of her favorite toys into a bag. She handed me the bag to put in my car. She grabbed her backpack, and we left.

I dropped her off at school and spent the rest of the morning eating breakfast, getting ready, then eating lunch. Before I knew it, it was time to get Kaely from school. When I walked into the classroom, she was so excited. She pointed to me, and the teacher said she was allowed to go.

She grabbed her book bag and put her folder in there. I signed her out in the office before leaving.

The whole car ride to Melbourne was her talking about what she did in school, what she was going to do tonight, or her sleeping. I texted Kristen once we were in Melbourne and she texted us her address.

"Kaely, babe, wake up! We're almost there!" I exclaimed. It was now eight-forty-five, and we were going to get to the arena with a good amount of time.

Once we arrived at The Wall's humongous home, I took Kaely inside and met Kurtis and Katrina, Kristen's parents.

Katrina was holding who I thought to be Kian. Kayden, Kyle, and Konnor all ran into the living room. Kristen had showed me pictures of each of them but Kian. Kristen walked in, dragging the rest of her siblings behind her.

"Hey Chloe!" She exclaimed. Each of her siblings said hi as well.

"You have a five year old? At nineteen?" Katie asked.

"Yeah, and she had Kaely as a three year old at your age.." Kristen pointed to Katie.

"...a two year old at your ages.." she pointed to Kaleb and Kai.

"..a baby at your age.." She looked at Kylie.

"..was pregnant at your age," she pointed to Kit.

"And was working on her own at your age, and your age too," she smiled evilly at Kayla and Kara, knowing she had earned respect from them for me. Kristen then turned to me, having scarred her younger siblings with my terrible past.

"Really?" They asked. I nodded.

"Don't ask about how it happened, please," I told them.

"Anyways, we should probably get going," Kristen suggested. After exchanging nine hugs, with Katie, Kai, Kaleb, Kylie, Kit, Kayla, Kara, Kurtis, and Katrina, we were ready to leave. I told them it was nice to meet all of them, and they said the same. I gave Kaely a kiss on the cheek and a hug before leaving with Kristen.

"How did you live with that many people in the house?" I asked her. There were so many.

"I don't know how mum and dad do it. There are fourteen of us! They have to feed all of us!" She exclaimed, then added, "And mum doesn't work."

"Oh my god.."

"I know. It's crazy!"

"I'll say."

"So are you excited for the concert, to finally see your boyfriend play with the band on a stage?"

"Definitely. And by the way, he's my fiancé."

"Stop bragging," she joked.

"Just needed to point out that we're getting married.."

"In a week," she cut in.

"Yeah. You're coming, right?"

"Why would I not?"

"I'm just so excited, you know? It's going to be great. I've always dreamed of getting married to the perfect guy, but I didn't know it would come so soon."

"A week, yeah."

"Nine days," I corrected, excitedly.

"Let's go," she told me, stopping the car after parking at the arena. There were hundreds, if not thousands, of cars parked. They were all coming to see Ashton and the band, or One Direction. Maybe both? I was so proud of Ashton..

I got out of the car and walked in the entrance. I couldn't stop thinking about how I would be seeing my fiancé preform on a huge stage, right in front of my eyes. I loved the feeling, and I bet he does too.

I got to my seat and looked up at the massive stage in front of me. Well, this is it. Time to see my fiancé preform..