Chapter 19 - Rain

After all of the kids left, I called my parents, and they were here within a few minutes to take Kaely out for her birthday. They were taking her out to eat and to have some fun. I'm so glad they stopped drugs four years ago. It might not seem like it, but my life has been a lot better since they stopped. I never had to worry about them. I never had to make sure they weren't drunk when they came home. I loved it when they told me they stopped.

My parents had picked Kaely up, and I then asked Ashton, "are you ready to talk now?"

"I guess.. But let's go for a walk, and we'll walk while talking, okay?" He responded.

"Okay," I agreed and just began to walk outside. It was almost summer, and it was getting warmer. I loved it.

Ashton came out of the house behind me and shut the door then locked it after he made sure I had the key.

We began to walk, and Ashton talked after a few minutes of silence. He looked at me before he spoke.

"Chloe.. You know I love you so much, right?" I was surprised by the tone of his voice. It sounded like something was wrong.

"Yeah," I answered, and he asked another question.

"You know that I'd never do anything to hurt you, right?"

"Yeah," I said once again.

"You know that I would never do anything to hurt you, and if I did, it would be for our own good, right? And for our future?"

"Ashton.. Where is this going?"

"Just answer the last question."

"Yes. I know that, but why are you asking?"

"Well, you know the band One Direction, right?"

"Yeah, I do. They're awesome!"

"Well, they saw our YouTube videos.."

"And? I know there's an and."

"Yeah. And they told us they wanted us to be their opening act for most of their 'Take Me Home' tour..."

"That's great!"

"You're not mad?"

"Why would I be!?"

"You understand that I'll be away for a couple months at a time, right?"

"Oh.."

"Well, you could come with me. You could bring Kaely."

"Ashton, I need to go to college. I've already been accepted to three. I can't go with you.."

"Babe.. I'm sorry."

"Ash, don't apologize. This is a big thing. I'd be the same way if this was happening to me. Go on tour.. We can handle long distance, right?"

"Right. We love each other too much to be broken by distance," he said and I felt a few sprinkles of rain  on my forehead. I was also getting chilly. I began to rub my arms to warm them up since I didn't bring a jacket. Ashton took his off and put it around me. He then held me close to him. My head was in his chest.

Soon, it was raining hard. Ashton and I hadn't said a word since he said about long distance. Not because he said that, but because of the things going on around us.

We stopped walking, and Ashton grabbed my right hand, the one he wasn't holding. He turned me towards him, then pressed his lips against mine. He moved his hands from being in my hands to being on my cheeks.

When we pulled away for a second, he whispered, "I love you no matter what," and continued kissing me.

Rain fell hard on us, but we didn't care. I don't know how I would handle him being away for months, but we love each other too much to not be long distance, as he already said. I don't know how Kaely will handle it either. We will have to call him a lot. This is going to be so hard, but I think, no, I know we can do it.

When Ashton pulled away from the kiss, he tilted his head back, loving the rain. He then looked back at me and shook his head, his hair whipping around and splashing me. I playfully pushed him backwards, and he stumbled but caught himself.

He came back towards me and began to tickle me. I ran back towards the house that we were actually only a few blocks away from. The rain made it a little harder to see where I was going, but I could still see. There weren't any cars at the moment. I just kept running and running towards the house. Ashton was getting a little closer to me as we went on because he was slightly faster. I knew that I could make it to the house before he got to me, though.

I took the last steps onto the porch, and I tried to unlock the door quickly. Ashton was five yards away from the porch, and I turned the key, then opened the door. He was now on the porch, and he ran towards the door but was too late. I had closed it and locked it.

He looked in the window on the side of the door. He looked like a sad, wet puppy. I walked into the living room, opened the window slightly, and said out of it, "You're not coming in unless you promise not to tickle me.."

"I promise," he said as he looked over, and I walked to the door and opened it for him. He came in and began to tickle me.

"I'll.. give.. you.. a kiss.. if.. you stop!!" I giggled in between words.

Immediately he stopped and pressed his lips forcefully on mine. I kissed him back, and he smirked into the kiss. We had such a playful relationship. We were like kids, but maybe it's because we're always around one. I loved our playful relationship, though. I don't want anything to be able to tear us apart. Nothing at all. Tour can't do anything to hurt us.

He got off of on top of me, and I stood up along with him. He shook his head, flinging water some places. I was going to miss this when he went on tour..

"Babe.." I whispered and giggled after putting my hands on his chest and leaning against him, "we're so wet.."

"I know. I don't mind," he kissed the top of my head.

I walked up the stairs then dried off and changed. Ashton keeps some extra clothes here in case anything like this happens, so he dried off and changed also.

After drying off and changing, we both went downstairs and sat in the living room in the couch directly in front of the TV. This is most likely where we were going to be until my parents brought Kaely home.

*Ashton's POV*

We began to watch TV, well, Chloe did. I was watching her instead of the TV. She's so beautiful, no matter what she's doing. I love it. She looked over at me looking at her, and I smiled. She cracked a small smile back and continued watching what she was watching.

Soon, Chloe's cell phone rang. She paused the TV and answered it. I could hear that someone was panicking on the other end. Something wasn't right.

After a minute, Chloe looked worried. Her mouth dropped open, and she covered her mouth with her free hand. Something wasn't right..

Chloe then said, "I'll be there asap.." and hung up. She jumped up off of the couch, grabbed her keys, and ran towards the door. Something wasn't right..