Chapter 51 - Reception

Ashton in his tux--^

~

After arriving at the place of the reception, I changed into a different dress so I wasn't in this long one the whole night. Ashton began finishing the little details, and when I was done changing, I helped him. As people started to show up at the reception, I got even more excited, and so did Ashton.

"I love you so much, Mr. Irwin," I kissed him.

"I love you more, Mrs. Irwin," he smiled widely. I loved the new name.

Kaely had gone with my mum, and when she arrived, she ran over to us. Ashton picked her up and smiled at her.

"Mummy and daddy are married now?" She wondered. I told her yes as the boys came over to us.

"Congrats, Mr. and Mrs. Irwin!!" They exclaimed, hugging me then Ashton.

"And.. I've officially adopted Kaely, as of yesterday," Ashton kissed Kaely's forehead.

"You didn't tell us that! That's great!" They all smiled at Kaely. She smiled back.

"So there's also a Miss Irwin now?" Luke smiled. Kaely nodded.

"How do you spell your last name now, Kaely?" I asked.

"I-r-w-i-n," she bobbed her head every time she'd say a letter.

"And that's mummy's last name now too," I told her.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Now that mummy and daddy are married, we have the same last name," you could not have smacked the smile off of my face.

Many people had come over to me to talk to me or Ashton, but I saw some people that stood out in the crowd of people walking in.

"Jean? Patrick?!" I smiled widely as they looked over at me. I made my way towards them and hugged them both tightly.

"I knew that we would be here. Ever since that night we watched that movie, I knew," Jean kissed my forehead. I knew what she was talking about. It was when Ashton and I were cuddling on the couch. Later, then, Ashton had asked me to be his girlfriend. That was where it all started, about four years ago.

I stood at the door and talked to people as they were walking in. I talked to Kendall (A/N: from youth), Paisley (A/N: Kaely's gymnastics instructor), Jaclyn (A/N: Kaely's dance instructor), Joseph (A/N: Mrs. Smith's son), Chris (A/N: Terri's boyfriend), Dan and Oliver (A/N: Jacob's brother and dad who are now actually really nice to Chloe, Ashton, and Kaely), Rebekah (A/N: her cousin), all of Kristen's family, and Liam. I hugged Liam and asked him where the other boys were. He told me they'd be here soon, so I nodded. I kept standing there until I saw someone I hadn't seen for a while.

Mrs. Parker, my old guidance counselor. I stopped her and hugged her. She asked me how I had been.

"I'm great!"

"How's Kaely?" She asked as a man walked up to her with a little kid in his arms that I recognized.

"She's good. She couldn't be happier now that Ashton has officially adopted her and that mummy and daddy are now married," I couldn't stop thinking of where I knew that little boy from. He looked to be about Kaely's age.

"That's great. I don't think I need to ask how you and Ashton are doing, relationship wise. That's why we're here."

"Yeah."

"And this is my husband, George," she motioned to the guy holding the little boy.

"Hi, nice to meet you," he smiled and I repeated that back to him, "nice to meet you too."