Chapter 32 - Duct Tape

I made my way to the police station (A/N: I'm not exactly sure how this works, so...). I gave them her cell phone number, and they searched for recent calls. They told me where the cell phone tower was that the last call bounced off of. I thanked them so much, and left. I went off towards that area.

When I got there, there wasn't very many things around. There was only three houses that would be in the range of that cell phone tower. It looked like people lived in all of them. I could talk to them to see if they saw either Chloe or Jacob.

I knocked on the first house's front door. A man came to the door. I asked him if he had seen Chloe, and I showed him a picture. While I got up a picture of her, I heard a thump in the background.

"No I haven't. Sorry," he said with sympathy.

"Well, if you do see her, could you contact me?" I asked him, and I wrote down my phone number on a small piece of paper for him. I heard mumbles from somewhere in the house.

"I definitely will," he smiled and closed the door.

I went to the next house and an older lady showed up. I asked her the same thing. She hadn't seen her either. The last house I went to, a man told me he had seen a boy that looked to be in his early twenties come down this way, but he hadn't seen where he went.

*Dan's POV*

"Is he gone, Dan?"

"He's gone."

*Ashton's POV*

I went back to the police station, and I asked them once again if they could help search. They told me they couldn't start a search for twenty-four hours. But the first forty-eight hours are the most important in finding a missing person!

I left the police station and made my way to my house, where Kaely still was. I started crying once I got there. I couldn't find Chloe. I had talked to her, I heard her voice. That was just a little less than an hour ago. She was okay then. Was she still okay now? Where was he keeping her that it would be around that area?

I was sitting in the corner where below the stairs meets the wall, crying. Kaely ran up to me, "are you okay, daddy?"

"I'm okay, Kaely."

"Why are you crying?"

"Daddy's just frustrated and annoyed and worried and ugh, I can't explain it, baby."

"Where's mummy?" She sat down beside me.

"Mummy's with one of her old.. friends. I hope she'll be back soon."

"Me too. I miss mummy."

"I do too, baby.. I do too," I hugged her.

My mum came towards me. I stood Kaely back up and told her, "Kaely, baby, go play."

"Okay," she ran off.

Mum stood over top of me. She smiled down at me, "so what did you find out?"

"I know where she is, but not exactly where," I explained to her the rest.

"You're like a detective.. Where did you think of tracking which cell phone tower the call bounced off of?"

"I don't know. It just came to me."

She sat down next to me, comforting me and telling me I'd be able to find her soon. Kaely ran past us with Indie trailing behind her.

"She's just like you, you know?"

"What?" I asked her.

"When I keep her, it seems like I'm raising you again, but as a girl," she stood up as well as I did.

"You mean she acts like me?"

"Yeah," she smiled as Kaely ran the other way, "you and Chloe better have a few kids."

"We will," I chuckled, "you mean right now? Because that can be arranged," I half-smirked.

She hit me, "you know that's not what I mean.."

"I know," I laughed and began to tell her about what Chloe and I had talked about at Kaely's fourth birthday party.

"That good. I want some grandchildren of my own. Kaely technically isn't my grandchild."

"Yeah. I know. I just talked to her dad's dad today. I was asking him about Jacob and if he knew where he was or where he thought he might be."

"He didn't know anything?"

"He told us about a secret hideout and I tracked down one of Jacob's friends for him to show us where it was, but he wasn't there."

"Isn't his name Jacob Thomas?"

"Yeah."

"Wasn't he that kid you were best friends with when you were younger?"

"Yeah." (A/N: all I can think of is the song "Jack" by The Vamps.. It's like that song is sort of from Jacob's pov and Ashton is Jack haha)

------

Later that night, I got a call from Jacob. What? How would he know my number anyways? I answered it and he began talking.

"Hey Ashton, you want your girlfriend?" he asked. He wasn't giving her to me this easily.

"Yes, I do. More than anything, and you know that," I told him. I could hear Chloe trying to scream to me. He must've duct taped her mouth. Her voice was muffled.

"Well, if I tell you where I'm at and you bring one thousand dollars, I'll give her to you."

"Really?"

He started laughing, "no. I don't want your money. I want your girl."

"Jacob, you better not."

"I already have," he laughed. I heard Chloe's muffled screams in the background.

I also heard, "JACOB! COME UP HERE! I HAVE TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!" It sounded like a voice I knew. I pieced things together one by one. At the first guy's house I went to, I heard a thump and mumbles in the background. I had given him my number too. That guy must be hiding Jacob from the police, and Jacob has Chloe. That guy gave Jacob my number. It all made sense.

"Bye Jacob," I hung up.

I was going to go get Chloe, in another few hours. I want to go really early in the morning so Jacob and the other guy will be asleep. I'll call the police too, and tell them that I know where Jacob Thomas is. I hope he's a heavy sleeper, because I have a plan, and it involves duct tape. I'll leave the rest for you to think about.