Chapter 9 - Birthday and a Visit

October 18, 2010

My parents had been staying with us for a little over three months until they got back in their feet, and they now live in their own house. Today was Kaely's second birthday! My parents are excited and say that they have lots of things for her. They did have lots of things for her birthday last year, since it was her first birthday and my parents' first big celebration with their grandchild.

We don't have school today or tomorrow even though it's Monday today and Tuesday tomorrow because of teacher inservice, which I was glad.

Ashton and I had also been dating for over a year now. I was so excited on our one-year anniversary. This year was the best year of my life.

Kaely's small party consisted of my parents, Mrs. Smith, my aunt and uncle, Ashton's mum and siblings, Piper, and a few mothers of Kaely's friends from daycare and their daughters.

We had cake and ice cream, then opened up the gifts, which there were lots compared to the amount of people we had at the party. She got new clothes and new toys, exactly what she needed.. The clothes were really cute, and I tried some on her.

I put a white shirt, a small, white jacket, and jeans on her. I put her hair in a bun and she did a 'face like mummy does' so I could take a picture. Just because I did the duck face once, it has stuck with her, her thinking that's the face I make all of the time. It was so cute, so I tweeted it, saying, "ChloeEWalters: My little girl turns two today!! Terrible twos here I come.. pic.twitter.com/fiAsnlHgpO".

------

Later, after everyone left, even Ashton, at about two, Mrs. Smith told me she had promised to go to Joseph's (her son) house. Ashton said he'd be back in a little bit, that his grandparents were at his house, and he wanted to see them a little since he doesn't much. Since everyone left, I was home alone, with just Kaely and me.

I put Kaely down in her small bed for her nap. She didn't take very log naps anymore. She didn't like to, but seemed fine with getting just about an hour to an hour and a half each day about this time. I then walked downstairs as the phone rang.

I answered the phone, and it was Mrs. Smith saying that she was staying the night over at Joseph's house forty minutes away. I said that it was okay, that I'd be fine. I thought that when Ashton came over tonight that he would most likely insist to stay.

"Are you sure you'll be okay staying there all night, by yourself?" She asked to make sure once more.

"Yes, I'm sure. And Ashton is coming over later and he will probably stay the night if he knows I'll be here alone," I told her.

"Okay. I just don't want you to be alone for a long period of time.. With it being just you and Kaely."

"We'll be fine. I'll see you tomorrow morning" I told her. She was acting kind of weird.

"Okay. I'll see you then" she said, "bye" and hung up.

I hung up, then the doorbell rang. I opened the door to see someone who I wasn't expecting to see and that I didn't want to see: Jacob.

"Jacob? What are you doing out of prison?" I asked him, not expecting to see him on my front porch.

"I got out on parole. I told you I could've gotten out on parole," he explained.

He must've had court. Maybe Mrs. Smith knew and didn't tell me. That might be why she was acting weird on the phone! She knew he was out of prison and was worried about me. Or Ashton didn't want me to know about court so I wouldn't be near Jacob. I was so confused.

"Ugh.. Well what do you want?" I wondered, partly knowing his answer.

"You..." He whispered into my ear, trying to seduce me.

"Shut the fuck up," I told him, and pushed him away.

"And I want to see my daughter. You promised I could see her when I got out"

"I never promised anything. I said maybe, and you are not seeing Kaely Walters" I emphasized "Walters" to tell him that I considered her mine and only mine, not his since he has been in jail for what he did to me.

"Yes. I want to see Kaely Thomas," he challenged.

"Okay.. So if she's Kaely Thomas, how old is she?" I challenged back.

"One and a half"

"She just turned two today. What's her middle name?"

"Hope?"

"It's Grace. At what time was she born?"

"Um, 4:28?" He asked and mumbled, "I don't know.."

"What are her maternal grandparents' names?"

"Your parents?" He asked and I nodded, "I don't know. Just stop the test, you're making me look stupid,"

"That's the point! And you know nothing about our daughter. You have no right to see her,"

"Actually, the judge said that I could see her as long as there was supervision by you or a person you choose to supervise"

"I still can't let you see her. You have no proof of the judge saying that,"

"Ugh, just get out of the way," he pushed me down onto the ground from the doorway and ran up the stairs. I heard him opening and closing doors until he found her room.

I ran up the steps as fast as I could after I got up, and I ran into Kaely's room. He had woken her up from her nap and picked her up out of her bed.

"Put her down right now," I ordered.

"She's my daughter," he stated.

"You have no right to see her!" I yelled at him, trying to grab her, but he put her in her bed and punched me.

With me hurting, he was able to tie me up onto a chair. I saw Kaely's head stuffed into her pillow, scared. Her eyes were covered, and I'm glad.

He pulled out a paper and a pen. He handed them to me, but they were hard to grasp with my hands tied up in front of me. He explained them, "you sign the rights over to me, and I will let you go. You decide not to sign the rights to me, you die." He pulled out a gun.