Chapter 26 - Prom King and... Queen?

Ashton's tux ^^

We went to my parents house in the limo, and we dropped Kaely off. Of course, my mum would want pictures. She had us stand together so she could take millions of pictures. She had us do a ton of different poses, and she even took pictures of us getting into the limo, then riding off in the limo.

As we approached the restaurant, I couldn't help but think how amazing this actually was. We were going out to eat at a super fancy restaurant in a limo before going to my senior prom with my boyfriend, my best friend.

"Irwin, party of two," Ashton smiled at the waiter as he took us back to our table. I looked around, and I saw Terri with her date, her boyfriend. She came over to us after the waiter took our drink orders. Both of us got champagne.

"Hey Chloe.. Hey Ashton," she smiled as she got over to us.

Her boyfriend, Chris, came up behind her and smiled at us as Terri continued to talk. She was telling us about how she was so excited that it was the senior prom already.

I agreed with her. It seems like it wasn't over three years ago when I met Ashton, but Kaely wasn't even one yet, and she's four now. It's surprising how fast these years went by from freshman year to senior year, and senior prom. In exactly two weeks, we will be graduated. I was so excited yet amazed at how fast my high school years have gone. Ever since I had Kaely then I met Ashton, my life has been like it's in fast-forward.

"Chloe?" Terri asked.

"What?" I was snapped out of my daze.

"I asked you if you were excited about tonight as much as I am."

"Oh. Yeah, I'm really excited. I can't wait to spend the night with my boyfriend and my new friends," I smiled at her.

"Same here. It's going to be a great night."

"Babe, we should go back wait for our food. Let's let them order," Chris told Terri, pointing to the waiter waiting at our table.

"Okay," she waved and walked back over to their table.

"Ready to order?" The waiter asked us, and we nodded.

------

As we left, we went outside to see our limo parked in the front row of the parking lot. Terri came up behind me as we walked up to the limo and asked, "is this your limo?"

"Yeah. Do you want to ride with us? I'm sure it'll be okay with Ashton," I offered.

"No, that's alright. You and Ashton can be alone," she winked.

"Okay," I smiled as she walked away, then got into the limo. We began to head off towards the place where the prom was being held. Prom, here we come!

When we got to the place supposedly where prom was, we heard music from outside of the building even. I looked at Ashton, surprised at how loud the music was.

We walked in, and I immediately had to go to the bathroom. I had gotten my period the day before. It was going to be terrible having my period during my senior prom, but I'll still make the best of it.

When I got back from the bathroom, Ashton asked if I was alright. I told him I was completely fine, and we began to dance to one of the slow songs.

*Ashton's POV*

Tonight was going to be perfect. As Chloe and I danced to one of the slow songs, I remembered all of the other high school dances we had gone to together. We always had a blast at them. But that was almost over. We were almost graduated, about two weeks away from it. I wanted to make the best of tonight, no matter what happens.

As the song finished, I heard one of the students announce, "the rest of the prom committee and I decided that it would be nice if we created a slideshow of pictures from high school memories since it is getting close to the end of all of our high school careers. We asked you guys to send in pictures from your high school experience. We have put them into a beautiful slideshow, and we would like to present that to you right now."

A slide show began to play on a screen on the stage. I saw pictures of a lot of my fellow classmates. I was going to miss a lot of them. Chloe and I swayed to the music that was in the background as the slideshow played.

A picture of Chloe and I came up. It was taken from behind us while we were holding hands in the hallway during our sophomore year. I looked at her, and she smiled.

Other photos showed before a picture of me playing the drums in last year's talent show came up. Everyone cheered. They must've liked that when I did that. Or they think it's cool because I'm in a band.

As the slideshow finished a few minutes later, everyone clapped. Everyone loved it. It was pretty nice, and it captured all of the highlights of our high school years. I loved it especially because there were a few pictures of Chloe and me on it.

------

*Chloe's POV*

A little while later, it was getting late. It was about eleven pm, and the prom committee was about to announce the prom king and queen.

Stacey Steller, the president of the prom committee walked up onto the stage with the envelopes in her hand. She tore open the prom king one and smiled at the outcome.

"Ashton Irwin!!" She announced. Ashton gave me a smile and a quick kiss on the forehead before walking up onto the stage. They put a crown on him, and he smiled out to everyone in the crowd.

Stacey opened the prom queen envelope and announced, "Terri Charleston!"

Terri's face lit up with joy as she ran onto the stage. I began to tear up. I tried not to cry, because if I did, I would ruin my makeup. I wiped the tears away and stopped crying. Ashton saw me, and he frowned. Terri was prom queen, and Ashton was prom king. I didn't like this at all.