Chapter 49 - Memory

I had woke up just minutes before Kaely. Kaely seemed pretty excited when she woke up, and I asked her why.

"I remember! I remember!" She exclaimed.

"Really!?" Ashton wondered, "what's your middle name?"

"Grace," she responded.

I tried a harder one, "what's uncle Mikey's middle name?"

She giggled, "Gordon."

"You do remember!" Ashton and I were so excited. I could just pick her up and swing her around.

We called the doctor into the room to tell him she remembered. He said he was relieved, and that he would be able to let us leave as soon as they got the bandages off her head. He told us they didn't need to be there until they completely healed now, but we just needed to make sure it wasn't getting worse.

"Kaely, we're going to leave the hospital and go home, okay?" I told her.

"Yay!" She smiled.

Ashton had gotten the boys to come into Kaely's room, and we told them she remembered.

"Why would you laugh at my middle name?" Michael asked her, playing around.

"Because it isn't punk rock," she poked his stomach as he got closer to her.

"And you're saying I am punk rock?" Michael got excited.

"No," she giggled, "not at all."

"Good girl," I high-fived her. Michael glared at me, so I shrugged. I laughed, and he finally laughed as well.

"You all have pretty lame middle names.." I told the boys, "Robert, Thomas, Fletcher.. And the worst one and the least punk rock, Gordon."

"It's Gordon. That makes it sound more punk rock," he put the emphasis on "don".

"Oh, okay.." I nodded.

------

We had gotten back to Kristen's house. I announced that Kaely had gotten her memory back, and that it was a miracle it happened that quick. We packed all of our stuff before we all hugged everyone in the family around three or four times each.

Michael, Luke, and Calum all drove in one car while Ashton, Kaely and I drove in mine. I told Kristen I would see her at the wedding, then in college again after summer break, which had started after Thursday.

The whole car ride home was talks about the tour, the concert last night, and how fun Kaely had with her new friends, but mainly Konnor, Kyle, Kayden, and Kian.

"Mummy, I'm tired," Kaely announced while in the car.

"Then you go to sleep, baby. I know it's been a long day," I smiled back to her through the mirror. I knew it was going to be long for me too since it was already nine at night, and I still had seven hours to go.

"We should've stayed at Kristen's one more night tonight," I told Ashton.

"Don't you want me to drive? Because I'll drive and you can sleep in the passenger's seat," Ashton offered.

"Will you, please?" I asked. He nodded. I pulled over, and we switched places. I got into the seat, and we began driving off again.

*Ashton's POV*

"Well, Kaely's officially out," Chloe pointed out, looking back at Kaely.

"Yeah," I nodded, "you can go to sleep too if you want. I'll be fine driving."

"No, I'll stay up and talk to you," she smiled.

"Okay," I kept my focus on the road.

After a few minutes of talking, I began to tell her a story about one time on tour. The story was about three minutes long, and by the end of the story, Chloe was completely out. I kissed her forehead and kept driving.

------

Hours later, we arrived at Chloe's house (which was mainly my house too). I pulled into the driveway. I got out and unbuckled Kaely slowly and easily so I wouldn't wake her. I took her inside and upstairs to her room. I laid her in her bed then put her covers up over her.

I walked back downstairs and out into the car again. I unbuckled Chloe now and carried her bridal style up to her room. I did the same with her as I did Kaely. I got her bag and Kaely's bag, plus my luggage out of the back of the car before getting into bed beside Chloe and cuddling up to her.

I wrapped my arm around her waist and was surprised when she grabbed my hand, the one draped. She wasn't even awake. It was a force of habit. I loved it.

~

The picture is what Chloe looks like now bc its been a while since I've showed you what I think she looks like.

-Lizzie xx