Chapter 22 - "Just once?"

That Saturday, we got a call. It was from the funeral home where we had Mrs. Smith's funeral on Thursday evening. I didn't know what to expect. Why would a funeral home be calling after we've already had the funeral?

"This is Chloe Walters, correct?" The woman asked.

"Correct," I answered, not knowing what she was going to say.

"Well, we have been going through Grace Smith's will," she paused for a long time.

"Is there something about me in it?"

"Actually, she's left everything to you, except for her car. Her car will go to her son, Joseph. She's left her house, which is paid off, to you. She's left all of her money to you. She has left anything in the house to you.. She also put in here that you can do anything you want with it. You can sell it, she wouldn't care. She wouldn't want to keep a dead person's things anyways. I just thought you might want to know that."

"Oh.. Okay, thank you!" I exclaimed then hung up.

I called Joseph to tell him he now owned Mrs. Smith's car. He said that he'd come and get it sometime soon, and that he'd have to do a lot of paperwork for it, though. 

I walked up to Mrs. Smith's bedroom. I looked at her bed, then looked at her dresser. She had so many clothes. She also had many bracelets and necklaces. They might be worth a lot of money. I explored her room and saw her closet.

Ashton came upstairs and asked me what I was doing. He didn't know why I was in Mrs. Smith's room. He was worried that I missed her, and I did, but that's not why I was up here.

"Ashton, she's left everything but her car to me. The house, everything in it, and her money. I can't believe it! She gave it all to me and not her son.." I was still shocked.

"Wow.. So all of this stuff is yours now?" He wondered.

"Yeah. And she said she doesn't care what I do with it. I can sell it, because she put in her will that she wouldn't want to keep a dead woman's things either," I laughed a little bit.

"So.. Do you want to sell it?"

"I guess. There is a lot of stuff in here, and it's worth a lot, I bet you. Maybe we should start saving now for a house? We could put most of her money in a saving's account. Then, we could put most of the money we get from selling her stuff in the account too. Then when we go to get a house, we will have that money. We will sell this house too."

"Good idea, Chloe. I had no idea that you would be thinking about buying a house, though?"

"I mean, it's going to happen sometime, right? We're going to have to. I mean, we aren't one hundred percent sure we'll get married, but pretty sure, right?"

"Definitely.." He answered.

"So should we do that?"

"Yeah, we should.."

We both went downstairs and thought of times we could have a yard sale. It would have to be before Ashton went on tour in February, though.

"Maybe we could do it by donation instead of pricing everything?" He suggested.

"Good idea. Yeah, it'll be by donation."

"When should we do it?"

"Well, school is almost out, so maybe the weekend after school lets out?"

"That'll work. I don't think anything is going on then."

------

Later, Kaely went to sleep around eight-thirty since it was a weekend. I came back downstairs from putting her to sleep to see Ashton sitting in the living room with one of the champagne bottles kept downstairs.

"Ooo... What are we doing here?" I asked, knowing the answer.

"Come here," he said softly. He had two champagne glasses. He poured some for me into one, then some for him into the other. At the same time, we took a drink.

"I love you, Chloe.." He whispered.

"Ashton.. Have you had anything other than this?"

"No.." He whispered and slowly climbed on top of me and put his legs on either side of mine. He pressed his lips upon mine. He ran his hands down my body, stopping at the top of my pants.

He attempted unbuttoning my pants. I swatted his hand away, but he tried it again. I pushed his hand away.

"Stop that," he scolded quietly while being apart from the kiss for a minute.

"No," I said back, "we aren't having sex."

"But babe.."

"No," I repeated.

"Just once?"

"Ash, I said no."

"We've been dating for over three years now. I think it'll be okay just once."

"Ash.." I warned.

"I love you," he whispered, placing a kiss on my jaw, then down my neck.

"Just once," I repeated his earlier words.

"What?"

"Just once."

"Really?"

"Really, but just once.. Alright?"

"Okay."