Chapter 30 - Graduation Party

The next week, Ashton and I were making our way to youth group along with Kaely. I was really excited. I was also sad that this was my last time here. I was going to miss the people there, especially Jean and Patrick. Most of all, I was going to miss Piper. She was one of my best friends. She had been there for me through everything.

The people that were graduating: Piper, Leo, Charlie, Weston, Kendall, Ashton and I, were getting ready to talk about what we were thinking about doing for college.

Ashton told everyone, even though they already knew, that he was going on tour with his band, and that he wouldn't be going to college. He was graduating from high school, though.

I told them that I was going to go to UWS (University of Western Sydney), and I was going to study to be an art teacher. I loved art, and I loved kids, so I combined the two together.

I began to talk to Piper as everyone else was getting food, but we had already gotten food. I was talking to her about college.

"What are you going to do about Kaely?" She asked, looking at Kaely, who was running around with Ashton his friends.

"I only live about thirty-some minutes away from campus, so I'll stay living where I am now. She will be in preschool by the time I go to college, and she'll be picked up by my mum until I get home."

"Oh, that's good. She doesn't have to stay at your mum's all the time while you're staying in a dorm. I think staying at home is going to be a lot easier."

"Yeah, it will be, for both my mum and me. Having Ashton away will be terrible.."

"What if you guys break up?"

"What do you mean?"

"What if him being away gets to be too much for one of you, and you break up?"

"Piper, were engaged. I don't think we're going to break up."

"Oh my god, you're engaged!? Since when!?"

"Last Friday, right after our prom night. I had my ring on last week when I came here, and I have it on now," I showed her my left hand.

"It's beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys! When are you thinking about getting married?"

"We were actually thinking about November of next year, but we aren't quite sure yet when his tour ends."

"You guys will be nineteen when you get married. Wow."

"My parents were twenty when they got married."

"I guess it's not that bad. Are you excited?"

"Of course. I love Ashton so much. I can't believe it's been more than three years since we met and started dating."

"It's weird to think that. It doesn't seem like that long ago, does it?"

"It doesn't."

"So when are you guys graduating?"

"Thursday."

"I'm graduating Friday, and I was wondering if you, Ashton, and Kaely wanted to come to my graduation party that night?"

"I'd love to! I'm not sure about Ashton. I can ask him."

"Go ahead." I ran towards Ashton who was still running around with Kaely.

"Ash.. Piper was wondering if we wanted to go to her graduation party on Friday? Would you be able to go? I know I can."

"I don't think I have anything that day."

"Okay.."

I ran back over to Piper and told her we would come. She was glad, and we began to play games with the other kids from our youth group. This was my last time here. I couldn't believe how time has flown by. I remember the first time I came here. My first true friends were here. I felt accepted here, and I always have. I love it here. I will have to stay in touch with every one of my friends from here.

As the party came to an end, I said to Piper, "I'm going to miss not seeing you every Sunday!"

"I know. It's going to be terrible. We can get together during the summer, and we can see each other on breaks?"

"Yeah. We need to make sure to stay in touch. You have my phone number. Make sure to remember to call me when you get on break. I'll always be at my house."

"Okay. I'll remember."

"I'm really gonna miss you though!!"

"I know! I hated it if you had missed a few meetings when you were away somewhere."

"Same here. But we'll stay in touch, okay? Maybe we can Skype sometimes. That's what I'm doing with Ashton while he's away."

"Okay. It'll work," she looked at her watch to realize she needed to be home, "bye Chloe.. Call me whenever, okay?"

"You got it."

She gave me a hug and left. I went over to Ashton and Kaely. He smiled at me as I sat down next to him.

"So did I see Piper leaving?" He asked.

"Yeah, she just left. I'm gonna miss her."

"I bet. You guys have been friends for a while."

"We have been friends for over three years now."

"And I'll miss you when I leave."

"I'll miss you too.. Everyone I know is leaving me. We'll still talk, though. I know that for sure. I don't know if I'd be able to go months without talking to you."

"Me neither.." He whispered in my ear after I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Mummy," Kaely turned towards me.

"Yeah baby?" I asked.

"I'm tired."

"Do you want to go, Ash?"

"We can," he got up after Kaely got off of his lap. We walked over to Jean and Patrick, telling them goodbye. I hugged Jean for a solid five minutes, also talking to her during the hug. I was going to miss her. When I thought my mum and dad were still into drugs and I wasn't living with them, they were like second parents. I was going to miss seeing them every Sunday.

I said goodbye to all of the other people, telling them I'd miss them too. Ashton and I left soon after. That was the last time I'd be at the youth group. I had definitely had many memories there, great memories. I didn't want to leave it. I had to move on, though. I would soon be going to college, in just a few short months.