Chapter 10 - KFC

I heard something downstairs, so I decided to wait. Soon, the door creaked open, and there was Ashton. Jacob didn't hear him; he was too focused on getting me to sign the rights. Ashton snuck up behind him and punched his face, turning towards him fast.

After he fell, Ashton took the gun from him and took all of the bullets out, throwing them all over the floor. He then threw the gun behind him before punching Jacob three more times, making his face bleed badly. Jacob laid there, defeated, and Ashton came over to me, crying.

"Baby, are you okay?" He asked, breathing heavily while untying me.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Thank you so much Ash," I said as he finished untying me, and then I grabbed his cheeks and pulled him close to my face to kiss him. Jacob was still there, and he was being tortured by seeing Ashton and me together, since he was obviously trying to have sex with me again earlier.

Still hurt, Jacob managed to say, "You guys are still together?" and after I nodded, he added an "ugh".

"I thought you loved me, babe?" I could see Ashton tensing up as Jacob said that, but I flung myself up out of the chair and kicked him in the mouth, then punched him in the head, which knocked him out. A few self-defense classes that I took over a year ago paid off. I turned back towards Ashton, and he was smiling. His smile slowly faded as he noticed something on my face.

"He punched you, babe.." He noticed Jacob's punch from earlier. He stood up, walked towards me, and touched my cheek.

I nodded, and he kissed my cheek. I began to cry, and he hugged me. He whispered into my ear, "did he hurt you in any other way?"

I shook my head no and looked over his shoulder to see Kaely walking towards us. Ashton let go after Kaely tugged on his jeans, and he picked her up.

"You know what, Kaely?" He asked.

"What, daddy?" She wondered.

"We're going out to eat for supper, just for your birthday. And it's on me," he specified, looking at me.

"Yay!" She giggled, happy that we were going out to eat.

"Now where do you want to go?" He asked.

Of course she chose KFC. She loved going there, especially since Ashton takes her there lots..

Ashton spoils her a lot, and when he's watching her and I'm working, he usually takes her out to eat. I tell him not to, but he does anyway. He takes her there a lot since he works there, he even showed her once what he does.

Kaely loves Ashton, and Ashton loves Kaely, but what I'm worried about again is if Ashton and I ever have a fight and break up. I put that aside as we went downstairs and called the cops quick before we left.

The cops arrived within ten minutes, and I told them what happened from Jacob trying to seduce me, to saying he had rights to see Kaely, to pushing me over and running inside, to him punching me and tying me up, to him telling me I had to sign the rights of Kaely to him or he'd kill me, then him pulling out the gun and pointing it at me after giving me the paper.

They took him away and said that he'd most likely be charged on attempted murder. They laid unconscious Jacob in the cop car after putting hand cuffs on him. I was glad to see him arrested again, and this time, it would be for around 18 years. That is close to the maximum sentence, but they said they figured it would be close to there since he was out on parole. I was glad.

After they left, Ashton, Kaely, and I piled into Ashton's car (that he just got for his birthday three months ago) and drove off to KFC. The afternoon of Kaely's birthday didn't go well, but the evening was amazing.

While at KFC, Ashton was trying to make Kaely laugh, so he put straws in his mouth, pretending to be a walrus. She giggled, and I have to admit, so did I. Our night was way better than I thought it was going to go when Jacob showed up. Ashton always knew how to turn bad things into good things. He told me that if tonight would've never happened, Jacob would be out of jail and could actually kill people and end up killing me or Kaely. He proved that tonight was for the best, so Jacob would be put in jail again. I was glad that the night happened, so we wouldn't see Jacob for about another twenty years.