Chapter 36 - Pictures

After eating lunch, I talked to Kristen. I didn't have a class for another thirty minutes. Neither did she. We had pretty much the same schedule.

"Chloe.. Chloe, I need to talk to you. Bad," she seemed worried.

"What's wrong?"

"Pictures of Ashton are trending.."

"What pictures?" I asked, "nudes?" My eyes got wide in shock. My mouth dropped open.

"No, no, no. These," she showed me a picture of Ashton and a girl. She swiped to the right and I saw a different picture. In this picture, however, he was kissing her. She showed me a third and final picture. They were holding hands.

I began to tear up, "after not even one day in London.." I cried, "thanks."

I left, and right outside of the building, I sat on a bench, crying. I didn't want to be bothered, even though I was right in front of the building.

How could he? Why would he? I had no idea. Does the ring on my finger that he gave me mean nothing to him? I guess it doesn't, because he's just throwing our relationship down the toilet for this girl. Maybe he likes her better because she's closer. But he told me he understood why I needed to stay here. Sometimes I just don't understand that boy. I didn't want to talk to him tomorrow morning. I didn't want to talk to him again.

------

When I got home, I was still sad. I wasn't crying, but you could tell I had been. Mum rushed over to me when she saw me. She knew something was wrong.

"Chloe, what's wrong?" She asked, placing her right hand on my left shoulder.

"It's Ashton," I told her, sitting down on the couch. I saw Kaely watching from afar.

"Oh no.. What happened to him?" She was worried he was hurt.

"Nothing happened to him, bad things. These are trending," I showed her the three pictures on my phone.

"Awe, sweetie.." She pulled me in for a hug.

"Why does he have to do this?" I cried onto her shoulder.

"I don't know, Chloe. Boys are stupid sometimes."

"But Ashton.." I cried.

"Don't worry, sweetheart, it'll be fine."

"But we were engaged.."

"Were? Don't say were. You are engaged. Ashton loves you, way more than that other bitch, okay? Who knows if these photos are even real?"

"They're obviously real. They have three pictures of them at the same place, wearing the same clothes in each picture. There's a very slight chance it's photoshopped. And nobody can photoshop that well."

"A lot of people photoshop really well. You never know. You can't get mad at Ashton before you talk to him. You need to talk to him about this."

"I am not talking to him about this," I crossed my arms.

"Chloe, just talk to him."

"I don't want to. I'm mad at him."

"I know you're mad at him, but you can't just go months without talking to him. And you're going to have to talk to him when he gets home."

"I can go months without talking to him, and I will," I had no idea the promise I was making when I made it.