Chapter 11 - Flyers

A few days later, after I picked Kaely up from daycare, she had lots of papers in her folder. I take her to a daycare where they teach the kids some things and let them play some too. It's like an early learning school for kids up to three years old.

I looked through her folder and most of it was just papers for things you could do with your child over the summer, since it was getting close to summer. One caught my eye. I thought Kaely would enjoy it. It was a flyer for a beginners dance academy. Any age of child that wants to start dance can go there and they'll teach the basics of dance so maybe when they first go to a real dance class, they'll have a head start.

"Kaely!" I yelled up to her room. She came waddling down the steps, then ran into the kitchen.

"What, mummy?" She looked at me, and I held up the flyer.

"Do you want to do dance this summer? It'll be fun!" I told her.

"Yeah!! Dance!!" She jumped up and down.

I heard the front door slam shut, and Kaely grabbed the flyer from my hands and ran out to see who it was. I walked out behind her, seeing that it was Ashton.

"Daddy! Daddy! Dance!!" She jumped up and down, holding the flyer up.

"Dance?" He wondered. He took the flyer from in her hand and read about it.

"That's great, sweetie!" He said, picking her up.

We walked back into the kitchen, and I looked through the rest of her papers. I also saw gymnastics for toddlers. I showed Ashton, and he thought she would be interested. I called her out of her playroom, which is right next to the kitchen, and she came running over once more.

"Yeah mummy?" She wondered what I was going to say.

"Do you want to do gymnastics too?" I asked her.

"What's dat?" She didn't know what gymnastics was, so I explained to her, and she got really excited. I'll have to take her to dance, take her to gymnastics, and take her to daycare while Ashton and I are working. I'll still get to spend time with her. Dance and gymnastics are both twice a week during the summer, so it actually isn't much, since they're just one hour classes.

She went back into her playroom, and Ashton came up behind me, kissed me on the top of my head, and went into the playroom with Kaely. I heard Kaely say, "here daddy." I walked in to see Ashton's face covered with stickers. He looked at me and I giggled. I looked at Kaely, and she smiled and started giggling. I walked over to her and said, "high-five!" She gave me a high-five, and Ashton just started at me playfully, like he was mad at me.

"Hey!" He said.

"I mean, it is funny.." I admitted.

"I want to see how I look," he said, and got out his phone. He turned it onto the front facing camera and his eyes widened, then he laughed.

"I told you it's funny!" I told him.

He kept the camera facing towards him, smiled, and took a selfie. He tweeted the picture, tagging me in the tweet, "This is what happens when you're playing with your two year old daughter.. @ChloeEWalters pic.twitter.com/hUsdTpW"

He took the stickers off his lips and pecked mine quick before taking the rest of the stickers off. They were all over his face, and once he took them all off, his face was really sticky. Kaely touched his face, feeling the stickiness, and giggled. I kissed his cheek, and my lips were sticky also. I didn't care, though. I kissed him again, making his lips sticky, and we got into a kiss war because of that.