Chapter 7 - Very Musical

"Mum!!" I yelled upstairs to my mum on the next Friday evening

"What?"she asked.

"Can I go to Ashton's house?" I asked.

"Sweetie, it's late. You can't stay overnight either."

"Why not? What are you worried about?"

"Chloe, I said no and that's final," She finished the conversation, but Mrs. Smith started it again.

"Audrey, let her go. I know Ashton really well. He's a good kid. Nothing will happen..." She looked at my mum, knowing what she was worried about. I don't even know why she would be worrying about that?

"Mum, if I go, I'm taking Kaely with me anyways..." I told her.

"Fine. You can go.." She gave in.

"Thank you mum!" I hugged her. This was so different from just living here with Mrs. Smith. She let me do anything I wanted. I mean, I am fifteen and I do have an almost one-year-old child.

I ran up the stairs and packed some clothes to wear tomorrow. I put them in my bag, and Kaely started to cry while in her crib. Since it was about nine, she was already asleep, but she had woken up. I walked over to her crib, getting her out and putting her in her carrier. I grabbed her diaper bag, then went outside, beginning to walk the short distance to Ashton's house.

When I got there, I just walked in the front door. They had it unlocked. I heard drums downstairs, and I wondered what that was about. I heard Anne Marie's voice coming from upstairs, "ASHTON! STOP DRUMMING AND GET TO BED SOON! ITS GETTING LATE AND HARRY AND LAUREN ARE TRYING TO SLEEP!!!"

"SORRY MUM!" I heard from downstairs and the drumming stopped. I decided to go downstairs and see what was going on. Anne Marie said Ashton was playing the drums.. He'd never mentioned that.

I made my way downstairs to see Ashton in the corner behind a drum kit holding drumsticks. Also downstairs were a guitar case, a saxophone case, and a keyboard. I walked closer to Ashton, and he didn't look up. He hadn't noticed my presence. Kaely, in her carrier, exclaimed, "Dada!!" while reaching towards Ashton.

Ashton immediately looked up. His eyes lit up when he saw us. He got out from behind his drum kit, and hugged me and gave me a quick kiss, then got Kaely out of her carrier. He held her while we talked.

"I didn't know you played drums.." I told him.

"Yeah. It's never really come up in a conversation, has it?"

"No.. Also, what are these other instruments? The guitar, the saxophone, the keyboard?"

"I can play those instruments. Here, watch" he said, handing me Kaely and getting out his guitar first.

He began to play a song that I didn't know. He was amazing. The sound from the guitar stopped as he put his guitar away and got out his saxophone. He played a short song on there which was also awesome. He then put the saxophone away, then began to play a song I did know on the piano: "Lean on Me".

"Lean on me, when you're not strong.." He started singing and I joined him, "I'll be your friend. I'll help you carry on. For, it won't be long till I'm gonna need somebody to lean on."

"Ashton, that's amazing. You're extremely talented!" I exclaimed.

"Thanks," he said, blushing.

"I never knew you were so musical!" I exclaimed, "and you just became my favorite singer. Your voice is perfect."

"You don't have to say that."

"Well, it's true."

"Then, thanks babe," he smiled, kissing me on my cheek.

I sat next to him, sat Kaely between us, then began to play something random on the piano. I had learned how to play and made that little part up when I was seven.

"Babe, that's awesome! When did you learn to play piano?" Ashton asked me.

"When I was seven," I answered.

"Oh my god. What song is that?" He wondered.

"I made it up."

"When you were seven?"

"Yep.."

"Wow. I didn't even know you knew how to play piano!"

"I didn't even know I remembered that. It just came to me.." I said truthfully.

He giggled, "wow.."

"And could you teach me to play drums sometime?" I asked. I'd always wanted to learn how to play drums.

"How about in the morning?" He suggested, getting up from the bench.

"Okay," I agreed and grabbed Kaely off of the bench beside me, then stood up.

Ashton grabbed Kaely's diaper bag and my bag. I just carried her and her carrier upstairs, then upstairs to Ashton's room. When we got into his room, I sat her carrier down and got her pajamas out of her diaper bag. Ashton wanted to change her into it, so he did. He was great at being a father-like figure to her. She probably thinks he is her dad. I think that's adorable.

After she was changed into her pajamas, Ashton took off his shirt and changed into sweatpants. I had totally forgotten about clothes to wear to sleep. He gave me some clothes to borrow, so I changed into them.

"Ashton, what are you doing?" I asked when I thought I saw him looking at me while I was changing.

"Watching you. Why?" He said like I didn't care that he was doing it.

"Don't watch me!" I said.

"Why not? You have the perfect body. It's nothing to be ashamed of!!" He exclaimed.

"It's not that."

"What is it then?"

"I don't want to have a physical relationship, if you know what I mean."

"I get it.. Sorry babe," he apologized.

"Actually.. It's okay. Just as long as it doesn't go too far," I loosened my restrictions a little bit.

"Okay," he sat on the bed, holding Kaely and watching me change.

I finished changing and got into his bed beside him. Kaely was once again on his chest, like always, and we drifted off to sleep.