Chapter 28 - Half-Sibling

The next morning, after sleeping in my fiancé's arms, I woke up and thought of what had happened the night before. Last night was the best.

I had woke up at ten thirty. I said to my parents I'd pick Kaely up at ten.. I needed to get up and get rushing to get there, even though I'd be late. I ran downstairs after combing my hair and brushing my teeth. I ran back into the kitchen to get a little something to eat on the way there for breakfast. I heard something from the playroom as I opened the fridge. I walked over to see Ashton and Kaely sitting in there, playing.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I remembered you had to pick Kaely up at ten, but you weren't up yet, so I went to get her. I didn't want to wake you."

"Oh. Okay.. Thanks."

"You're welcome," he smiled as I walked towards him. I crouched down next to him and sat on the ground beside him. They were having a tea party.

"By the way, your parents want to come over tonight. I told them that would be okay. It is okay, right?" He asked.

"Yeah. That's fine. You mean, for dinner?" I wondered.

"No.. Just to come over and talk, I guess. I don't know."

"Oh okay," I agreed.

I walked into Kaely's playroom and crouched down next to her at her little 'kitchen'. Ashton came in, and she handed him a plastic hamburger. He pretended to eat it, and she giggled.

"Daddy, don't eat that. You can't eat it," she told him.

"I'm not gonna eat it," he assured her.

We sat down as she served 'lunch' to us. She giggled again as we pretended to eat the food.

------

That evening, my parents showed up, and my mum hugged me right away. She then asked me, "so.. How'd he do it?" She was asking about the proposal.

"How'd he do what?" I asked her, trying to confuse her.

"Oh, uh, never mind," she was worried she had ruined it.

Ashton began to laugh, as well as me. I assured her, "don't worry, he did propose." I smiled back at Ashton, "it was amazing. It wasn't anything fancy. He knows I don't like that."

"So he just proposed at home, here?" She wondered.

"Yeah. It was great though. After we came home from prom, we were sitting on the couch, and he asked me," I then explained every detail.

"That's good, Ashton. You better take good care of my daughter. We've already had this speech anyways," my dad looked sternly (yet also jokingly) at Ashton.

"I promise, sir," Ashton replied, and we all laughed. He always calls my dad by his first name, Travis. He never says sir.

"Don't call me that.."

"Way to ruin it, Travis!" He joked.

Kaely finally came out from her playroom and immediately jumped onto dad's lap. She loved her pappy. They were like best friends. Of course, he spoils her. But hey, that's what grandparents are for, right?

"Kaely, could pappy talk to mummy for a minute?" Dad asked Kaely, and she immediately got off of him.

"Chloe," dad motioned me out of the room.

We walked out, and I was worried. What did he want to talk about. Was it something bad? It seemed like it.

"Yeah dad?" I asked, hoping it wasn't anything terribly bad.

"You know about Lidia, the girl I dated before I met your mother?"

"I do, but what about her?"

"I ran into her at the store about a month ago."

"And?"

"We broke up, and when we did, she was hiding something," he paused, "she was pregnant."

"So.. I have a half-sibling?"

"Yeah. His name's Devin. He's twenty."

"Oh. I never thought I had a sibling."

"Well you do. He wants to meet you, too."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I have his address. He said come over anytime."

"Maybe tonight?"

"We could."

"Now?"

"Sure."

We walked back into the living room and I told Ashton and Kaely I had a surprise. We all left, my mum, dad, Ashton, Kaely, and me. Dad told me where to go and we arrived at his apartment a few minutes later.

"Could I just go in at first?" I asked.

"Sure, sweetie. We'll wait out here. Come down when you're done, and we can all come up to talk to him," dad smiled.

"Okay. But dad, don't tell Ashton or Kaely. It's a surprise for them."

"Got it," Dad agreed, and I closed the car door, walking out.

Once I found his apartment, I hesitated on knocking. What if he didn't like me? He wanted to meet me, so I can't say he doesn't. I knocked after standing there for at least five minutes.

I heard footsteps behind the door. I was so nervous. This was it. I was about to meet my half-sibling, my only sibling.