Chapter 14 - Flowers, Chocolates, and a DVD

I walked into the house quietly and talked to Mrs. Smith for a few minutes. She had no idea what was going on with Chloe. Chloe hadn't talked to her. All Mrs. Smith heard was Chloe running up to her room.

"Thanks," I said to Mrs. Smith, going up the stairs to Chloe's room.

When I got there, I knocked and tried to open the door. It was locked. I knocked once again, and this time there was a response.

"Who is it?" It was clear she was crying.

"Ashton," I told her through the door.

"Get away! I don't want to talk to you!" She yelled.

"Babe, why? There's nothing going on between Alicia and me!"

She finally opened the door and said, "well then why did I see you kissing her?"

"I wasn't kissing her. She forced a kiss on me," I explained.

"Why was she at your house anyways?" She asked.

"Chloe, she came over and asked me out. After I said 'no, I have a girlfriend', she began to kiss me. There's nothing between us."

"Well, to her there is!"

"Who cares what she thinks? She's just a slut!"

"Yeah. That's exactly what she calls me. And I bet you'll join her here soon!" She yelled and slammed the door in my face.

"I would never call you that!"

"Oh, trust me, you will!!"

"Babe, please!" I yelled.

"Don't call me that ever again. Now leave!"

"I'm never leaving you, babe."

She opened her door quick to say, "don't you dare say that again," and shut her door once more.

I left, defeated. I couldn't believe how mad she was at me. She's so mad that she won't listen to me. I want her back so bad.

*Chloe's POV*

I was so mad at Ashton. I couldn't believe him. He was kissing another girl, a slut even. I was crying my eyes out, but dried my tears to look at the time. It was almost time to pick Kaely up from her dance class.

I took the rest my mascara off plus my other makeup, having it ruined when I was crying. I just left most of it off and grabbed my keys to my car. I walked downstairs, said goodbye to Mrs. Smith, then got in my car and left.

I picked Kaely up from dance class quickly, trying not to be seen by many people. It was obvious that I was crying, and even though I tried to fix my makeup a little, I had to leave before I could finish.

I strapped Kaely into her car seat and began to drive home. Kaely began to say a few things to me on the way home.

"Is mummy alright?" She asked.

"No, Kaely, mummy isn't alright.."

"What's wrong?" She asked, messing up her 't' and 'r' sounds.

"Don't worry about it sweetie," I told her, keeping my focus on the road.

"Otay."

When we got home, I got her unstrapped from her seat and carried her inside. After going inside, she noticed Ashton wasn't here and sensed something wrong.

"Where's daddy?" She asked, knowing something wasn't right.

"Daddy's not here right now. He's not going to be here for a while. Mummy doesn't want daddy to be here anymore. Mummy is mad at daddy right now," I explained.