Bad Pit Stop 2

Tsukiko's pov:

I stopped in front of the village, Amegakure, the village hidden in the rain. I had no scroll for the leader of this village, but it was faster to travel through the village, than around it. Besides it was late and I was considering having a pit stop here, sleeping in a bed sounded nice right about now.

It was quite the surprise though, I mean, I know, that it's called the village hidden in the rain, but still... It was raining, but only in the village. Take one step outside the village and it would be sunshine.

This village was weird looking too, it's buildings were covered in pipes and electric signs.

I sighed and took a step forward, stepping into the rain. I was drenched right away, it was always something, that my bag was waterproof. I walked around for a little while, looking for somewhere to eat and somewhere to sleep. It was kinda hard to find around, since it was so weird looking. But I managed to find a place, where I could buy food, I hadn't eaten anything since I had left the soundvillage. Which were several days ago, so I was hungry. I bought a bunch of Chichi dangoes, mostly because I hadn't tasted them before, but also because they were pink. It's not often that you get to eat pink food.

Smiling under my mask I walked around once again, hoping to find somewhere where I could sleep the night.

"What are you doing here?" A unemotional woman's voice asked from behind me, making me look back at her.

She had blue hair and eyes and a paper flower in her hair.I hadn't heard anyone behind me earlier, it was like she just dumped down from the sky, perhaps the rain had covered the sound of her feet?

"Just looking for an inn. I haven't seen a village quite like this one before." I answered her and tried not to let it show, that I just recognised her cloak.

Black with red clouds, the guy from my last world had worn that, just like the people from my nightmares.

"Come along. How long are you staying?" She said as she began walking down the street.

"Just the night." I answered as I followed her unsurely.

Was this safe? Could it just be a fashion trend?

Please let it be a fashion trend.

"Leaving tomorrow morning then?" She asked as she turned down the street on our left.

"Hai." I nodded and followed her down the street. "If I can find out again."

That last comment managed to make it pull a little on the corners of her mouth. Win for me!!

"I'll follow you out tomorrow." She said just before she pushed me through the doors to an inn, or at least it seemed like one.

I turned to thank her, but she was already gone. How weird...

I shrugged it off and walked inside, ordering a room for the night.

The next morning I ate a few of the Chichi dangoes, before I left, I had been too tired to eat any yesterday. When I stepped out in the rain once again, I wondered for a moment how to find the woman from yesterday, turned out I didn't need to.

"Come along." Her voice sounded from behind me, just before she passed me.

"Hai." I muttered and followed, chewing on a Chichi dango that I just dropped down into my mask.

"Are you eating candy as breakfast?" She asked as she glanced back at me.

"Hai." I answered calmly.

"Do you like sweets in general?" She asked in a seemingly uninterested voice, but I could feel her eyes on me.

"Hai....?" I answered unsure.

"Music?" She asked in the same tone.

"Why are you asking questions?" I replied her question with a question, confused.

"Do you like music?" She asked, ignoring my own question.

"Hai. Why?" I asked and stopped confused.

"Come along." She told me as she stopped and waited for me, but I didn't move.

She wasn't going to answer my questions, was she?

Nope, thought so...

"What does your cloak mean?" I asked narrowing my eyes at her, not moving out of the spot.

"You have seen it before." She stated and stepped towards me, but I backed away.

"What does it mean?" I asked her slowly, making sure to spell out the question.

"It's a kind of uniform, all of Akatsuki wears it." She stated, fully knowing that she wouldn't be getting more out of me without giving something in return.

"That gang..." I muttered lowly and looked up at her again, she didn't seem to notice my muttering.

"What is the most powerful memory of a school, that you have?" She asked, making me freeze for a second.

The most powerful moment?

That would be, when I blew up a school. That kinda thing kinda leaves a powerful memory behind, specially, when you get caught...

But somehow I knew, that she knew.

And I knew, that it wasn't a good thing.

This was very, very bad.

Very, very, very bad.

If that cloak was a sign of a gang, then I was in real big trouble!

"Passing." I answered slowly and tried to figure out, which way was out of the village.

She narrowed her eyes at me, she knew, that I was lying.

"Do you want a second chance to answer that question?" She asked and stepped closer to me.

I jumped away as fast as I could, using the buildings to get me higher up, so that I could get a full view of the village, so that I could get out of there. Fast!!!

It could only go too slow.

A flash of orange flashed in front of my eyes. Next thing I know; some giant orange-haired guy's standing right in front of me. I jumped back to avoid him, but then the body heat of someone else warned me that somebody were behind me. I wiggled my foot around one of the pipes and threw myself into the air away from the two, only to head straight at the blue lady, who somehow had grown wings. Thinking fast I swung over her head by placing my hands on her shoulders and then I sat off from her back and threw myself further into the air. I was far into the air now and I could see the way out of the village, I quickly made some ice swallows, that I used as stepping stones to get out of the village.

That woman had actually lead me the right way, so it wasn't that far away. But just as I stepped over the edge of the village, on my swallows, another orange flash was shown to the right. Another man, he lifted his arm and suddenly I was pushed backwards. A thing, that neither of us had planned, were the waterfall beneath me.

I fell and only just managed to use my Hana: Fukashi to become invisible. When I hit the water all that was around me was water, no air, no land, no nothing. Just water.

My lungs were screaming for air, but I didn't know which way was up and which was down, so I had no chance to find any air for my poor lungs. I couldn't see, I couldn't feel and I couldn't hear anything, but the waterfall and my lungs screaming for air.

Extremely slowly the waterfall became distant, so slow that you first didn't notice. My sight returned and I took the chance and swam with the flow, away from the waterfall. I made sure to stay in the deep parts of the river, which the waterfall was connected to. And I swam, it was the only thing on my mind.

Just keep swimming.

Just keep swimming.

Just keep swimming.