Chapter 16: It's Five O'clock Somewhere

Note: I haven't had the chance to edit them before publishing. I apologize in advance for any mistakes you might come across. 
━━━━━

Sam jogged his routine around Washington, D.C.  growing irritated "Don't say it! Don't you say it!" Steve Rogers effortlessly zipped past Sam "On your left.

In the midst of this playful banter, Steve accidentally collided with two girls who were walking together. Jenna, taken by surprise, stumbled backward lost her balance and tumbled to the ground, scraping her elbow in the process. Steve, realizing his mistake, hurried over to help Jenna up. Jenna felt a pang of nervousness realizing it was Steve, but Steve remained unaware it was Agent Zero.

As Jenna regained her footing, Lily's eyes widened in recognition. "Holy shit, you're that Yeti dude that came from the ice, Stan, Stefan, Sven  or something," she exclaimed.  Sam couldn't contain his laughter at Lily. 

Jenna couldn't help but chuckle at Lily's mix-up. "Sven is the reindeer from frozen idiot its Steve Rogers," she corrected with a smile, extending her hand in greeting "Jenna, This is Lily, Nice to meet you."

 "Hi, Im Sam," he added, his tone taking on a flirtatious edge as he introduced himself.

 Sam leaned in slightly. "What are you ladies doing around here?" he asked.

Jenna exchanged a glance with Lily before replying, "We're here for a school project."

Sam's expression faltered momentarily. "School?" he repeated, his flirtation quickly replaced by concern. But Jenna, unaware of his sudden change in demeanor, nodded in confirmation.

Lily, catching onto the misunderstanding, quickly interjected, "College!"

Sam let out a relieved chuckle, relaxing once he realized. "Ah, gotcha".

As Natasha pulled up in her car, The group turned their attention toward her. Natasha rolled down the window with a smirk.

"Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil," Natasha quipped.

Steve chuckled. "That's hilarious." He walked over to her car and hopped in, leaving Sam to give Natasha and her car an appreciative look.

 Lily leaned in closer to Jenna, whispering, "She's hot, right? It's not just me or the alcohol in my system?"

Jenna stifled a laugh. "It's 9 am! What do you mean alcohol in your system?" she teased back.

Lily shrugged "Hey, it's five o'clock somewhere, right?"

"Yeah, but it's not here," she retorted, shaking her head at Lily's antics.

Lily grinned "Well, I call dibs!"

Jenna raised an eyebrow incredulously. "You can't call dibs on someone you don't even know," she countered.

But Lily was undeterred. "What?? No , I know her! She's that lady who helped saved New York"

"How you doing?" Sam greeted Natasha.

"Hey," Natasha replied casually as Steve settled in beside her.

"Can't run everywhere," Steve remarked.

Sam nodded in agreement. "No, you can't." He watched as Natasha quickly pulled away turning back to the girls, Sam smiled warmly. "So, what's your project about? Need any help with it?" he offered.

"Thanks," Jenna replied"We're actually doing research on urban development in D.C.," she explained.

Lily turned to Sam with a bright smile. "Hey, why don't you join us for coffee?".