Chapter 12: Send Her To The Ward

As the alien invasion swept through the streets of New York City, chaos reigned supreme. The sky darkened with ominous clouds as the Chitauri descended. Natasha voice echoed over the comms, "...three heading northeast."

Tony's retort crackled through the speakers, "What, did you stop for drive-thru? Swing that park, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you."
With precision and agility, He maneuvered around the towering structure of Stark Tower, deftly evading the incoming threats. His swift movements caused some of the Chitauri troops to collide with the building, sending debris flying in all directions.

As the quinjet hurtled through the air, Loki's keen eyes spotted their target. He hurled Thor to the ground, then aimed a devastating blast from his scepter at one of the jet's rotor blades, causing it to burst into flames.

Thor, fueled by anger charged at Loki, tackling him fiercely even as the quinjet plummeted towards the ground. 

Inside the quinjet,  Steve,Jenna,Natasha and Barton braced themselves, clinging to whatever they could as the aircraft veered dangerously close to buildings. As the quinjet finally crashed onto the street below, Natasha and Barton swiftly removed their headsets, their hearts pounding with adrenaline. With practiced efficiency, they opened the ramp, allowing Cap and themselves to exit the damaged aircraft.

Stepping out onto the chaotic scene outside, Jenna couldn't shake the nagging doubt that crept into her mind. "oh dear lord, I shouldn't have agreed to join," she murmured softly to herself, her voice barely audible over the sounds of destruction.

Natasha's eyes scanned the chaos around them, her movements swift and decisive as she fired both her guns at an incoming group of Chitauri, determination etched into every line of her face.

"We got this. It's good. Go!" she declared to Steve, her voice steady despite the intensity of the situation.

Steve glanced at her, concern evident in his expression. "You think you can hold them off?" he asked.

Barton grinned confidently. "Captain, it would be my genuine pleasure," he replied, grabbing an arrow and launching it with precision, taking out multiple Chitauri with a single shot.

As Natasha continued to fend off the alien attackers, she noticed Jenna hesitating nearby. Without a second thought, she grabbed a gun and extended it towards Jenna, "Here, take this," Natasha urged, but Jenna hesitated, shaking her head. "Um, I'm good, thanks," she replied, her voice hesitant but resolute as she turned her attention to aiding the civilians instead of engaging in combat.

As the chaos raged around them, the Avengers stood together, ready to face whatever threat came their way. Captain America's voice cut through the din, his unwavering resolve echoing in the tumultuous air.

"What's the story upstairs?" he inquired, his gaze sweeping over the assembled team.

Thor's response was resolute, "The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable."

Tony Stark's voice crackled over their earpieces "Thor is right, we gotta deal with these guys."

Natasha Romanoff posed the critical question, "How do we do this?"

Captain America's answer was simple yet profound. "As a team."

Thor voiced, "I have unfinished business with Loki."

Barton, poised with his arrows, echoed Thor's sentiment. "Oh yeah! Get in line."

But Steve intervened, "Save it. Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild."

Their conversation was interrupted by the arrival of Bruce Banner on a motorbike. As he surveyed the destruction around them, Natasha attempted to downplay the severity of the situation. 

Banner, acknowledged the dire circumstances. "So, this all seems horrible."

"I've seen worse," she remarked, her words belying the gravity of their predicament.

But Captain America's reassurance was firm. "Just like you said, Stark. We got him."

Meanwhile, Tony Stark, piloting his Iron Man suit, "Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you."

Natasha voiced her uncertainty as the Leviathan approached, "I don't see how that's a party".

With the Leviathan bearing down on them, Captain America urged Banner to unleash the Hulk's fury. "Doctor Banner, now might be a really good time for you to get angry."

Banner response, "That's my secret, Cap. I'm always angry." And with those words, Banner transformed into the Hulk.

As the Avengers stood in their iconic circle, poised for battle and ready to face whatever came their way, Jenna found herself engaged in her own skirmish with the Chitauri. Alone amidst the chaos, she muttered to herself, frustration evident in her voice.

"They call themselves superheroes, but they're nowhere to be found when I'm being attacked," she grumbled under her breath.

Jenna effortlessly dispatched five of the alien with swift and precise movements,but she remained keenly aware of her surroundings, ensuring that her actions went unnoticed by the other Avengers. With a quick glance around to confirm that no one had witnessed her battle, she made her way over to where the other six Avengers were striking their dramatic poses.

"And here I am, doing all the heavy lifting while these idiots strike poses like they're on the cover of a superhero magazine." Jenna muttered sarcastically.

As Natasha continued her relentless assault on the Chitauri warriors with a swift move, she was thrown onto the vehicle, but she didn't falter. In a quick and calculated maneuver, Natasha deployed her Widow's Bite, stunning her opponent and buying herself precious moments to regain the upper hand. Seizing a Chitauri gun, she retaliated with precision, forcing the alien back with a barrage of shots.

Moments later, Natasha sensed a presence behind her and swiftly turned, ready to strike. To her relief, it was Captain America who had landed behind her. She lowered her guard and leaned against a nearby car, acknowledging his arrival with a nod.

"Captain, none of this is gonna mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal," Natasha remarked, her voice filled with determination.

Captain America shared her concern, acknowledging the gravity of the situation. "Our biggest guns couldn't touch it," he admitted.

Natasha considered his words for a moment before offering her own perspective. "Well, maybe it's not about guns," she suggested, her gaze drifting skyward towards the swirling vortex of the portal.

Realizing that Natasha had a plan, Captain America stood ready, his shield at the ready. "You wanna get up there, you're gonna need a ride," he stated.

Natasha replied, "I got a ride. I could use a boost though".

Captain America glanced at her, concern evident in his expression. "You sure about this?" he asked, raising his shield defensively.

Natasha hesitated for a moment, "Yeah, it's gonna be fun."

With that, she sprinted towards Captain America, who positioned his shield to give her the boost she needed. As Natasha soared into the air she grabbed onto a passing Chitauri vehicle and disappeared into the distance.

"Turn, turn, Ah!" Natasha exclaimed, her voice drowned out by the chaos of the battle raging around her. 

Jenna stood frozen in disbelief, watching Natasha and Captain America, "Holy shit, everyone here is insane! Oh my god, what the fuck!" she muttered to herself, her voice barely audible over the cacophony of combat.

With a bewildered expression, Jenna clutched her head, feeling as though she was having a complete mental breakdown in the midst of the battle. "I mean, seriously, who does this kind of stuff?" she exclaimed, her words tinged with a hint of hysteria on the verge of a mental breakdown.