Chapter 82: Vests and Private Contractors

An: I have an essay due tonight so this might be the only chapter you guys get for today, but I promise ill double the chapters tmw if I don't get around to it tonight.

━━━━━

Natasha slid into the driver's seat adjusting the rearview mirror. Yelena was already comfortably settled in the passenger seat. Jenna, meanwhile, was sprawled across the back seat ready to take her much needed girl nap.

Jenna let out a contented sigh, her eyes half-closed. "This is nice" she murmured, a soft smile playing on her lips.

Natasha glanced in the rearview mirror, her expression softening as she looked at Jenna. "Glad you're comfortable back there" she said warmly. "We have a bit of a drive ahead, you should sleep." 

Yelena glanced over at Natasha. "You know, this is the first piece of clothing I've ever bought for myself" she said, showing off her vest.

Natasha looked over briefly before turning her attention back to the road. "That?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, you don't like it?" Yelena replied.

Natasha smirked. "Is that... an army surplus, or...?"

Yelena cut her off, "Okay! It has a lot of pockets." Natasha chuckled.

"But I use them all the time" Yelena continued, undeterred. "And I made some of my own modifications."

"Oh yeah?" Natasha responded

"Whatever, shut up. The point is, I've never... I've never had control over my own life before. And now I do. I want to do things" Yelena said, her voice softening.

Natasha chuckled again. Yelena turned to the back seat, where Jenna was half-asleep, and called out, "Jenna, do you like my vest?"

Jenna stirred, blinking sleepily. "Yeah, it's a cool vest" she mumbled, a small smile playing on her lips. "See?" Yelena added.

Natasha laughed, "Be nice, Natalia" Jenna murmured.

Natasha smiled, glancing at Yelena. "I like your vest" she admitted.

Yelena's face lit up with satisfaction. "I knew it. I knew you did. It's so cool, right?"

"It's good. Yes, I like it" Natasha affirmed, her tone sincere.

Yelena grinned widely. "And you can put so much stuff in there. You wouldn't even know... I really don't know where the Red Room is, though," she admitted "I'm sorry."

Jenna, who had been drifting in and out of sleep in the back seat, "If Dreykov sedates the Widows and brings them in and out of the Red Room, can't we just use the tracker? Reverse the technology to find out the location where it all pinged?"

 Yelena whipped her heads around, staring at Jenna in surprise. "You can do that?" Yelena asked.

Jenna nodded, rubbing her eyes to fully wake herself up. "I would need a tracker and a laptop" she replied.

Yelena frowned. "The problem is, those trackers are implanted in the Widows' legs. We'd have to get close enough to one to take it out, and that means fighting one or tracking one down."

Jenna, still half-asleep, yawned. "Would it be hard to find a Widow?"

Natasha immediately shook her head. "Nope. You are not fighting a Widow Jenna."

Jenna smiled faintly, turning to Yelena. "Sorry, Yelena, the lady has spoken."

Yelena sighed, "But can you really do whatever you said—reverse the whatever to find locations?"