Chapter 58: It Was Tony's Idea

Natasha pursued Jenna through the dimly lit corridors of the Hydra facility, her determination driving her forward despite the turmoil raging within her. The sound of her footsteps echoed off the cold, metallic walls, each step bringing her closer to the truth she so desperately sought.

As she rounded a corner, Natasha caught sight of Jenna's figure up ahead. "Jenna" Natasha called out. The sound of her name seemed to freeze Jenna in her tracks, her movements coming to an abrupt halt as she turned to face Natasha, her expression unreadable behind the mask she wore.

For a moment, silence hung heavy in the air between them, broken only by the sound of their ragged breaths echoing off the walls. Natasha searched Jenna's eyes, seeking answers in the depths of their familiar gaze. As they stood there, a sudden commotion erupted from behind them. A group of Hydra agents rounded the corner, their weapons trained on Jenna and Natasha.

"Inferno?" one of the agents called out, his voice filled with suspicion. "What's going on here?"

Jenna stepped forward, positioning herself protectively in front of Natasha. "Yeah, sorry guys" she replied,"I had a change of heart."

The agents raised their guns, taking aim at both Jenna and Natasha. Bullets whizzed past them as they ducked and ran.

Natasha's anger simmered just beneath the surface as she stared at Jenna, her mind racing with a whirlwind of emotions. "You lied to me. Was Fury right? Are you still with Hydra?"

"Can we not do this right now?" Jenna shouted over the cacophony of gunfire, her voice laced with urgency. She grabbed Natasha's hand and pulled her along as they dodged through the corridors of the Hydra facility.

Natasha's frustration boiled over, mingling with the adrenaline coursing through her veins."Oh, we are definitely doing this right now," Natasha declared.

Jenna's grip tightened on Natasha's hand, her eyes pleading for understanding. "Natasha, please" she implored.

Natasha's jaw clenched, her resolve hardening as she shook her head defiantly. "No" she declared, her voice unwavering. "If you're staying, I'm staying with you. Whatever you're doing, I'm doing it with you. I told you I would fight for you, and if that means I have to fight with you, I will. But I am not fighting against you, or whatever this is."

Before Jenna could respond to Natasha's insistence, they rounded a corner and found themselves face to face with Marcus and a group of Hydra agents. "Oh, my little inferno" Marcus sneered, his voice dripping with disdain. "Always letting her emotions get in the way. I knew I shouldn't have trusted you. That's why I kept you on a leash. But now this confirms my suspicions. What a wasted potential you are. You had the power to be Hydra's greatest weapon, even greater than the Winter Soldier. Your dear friend Bucky Barnes. This was what this was all about huh?"

Jenna's fists clenched at the mention of Bucky's name. "I remember when you were just a stupid, naive little child" Marcus taunted, his voice dripping with malice. "They wanted to put you into the Winter Soldier program with him, but I couldn't let them. My young little prodigy. I thought I could mold you, but here I am, wrong."

A smirk played at the corners of Marcus's lips, his eyes narrowing with disdain. "And you know how I hate being wrong."

Natasha tightened her grip on Jenna's hand as she felt the heat emanating from her palm. "I see why you chose your emotions" Marcus remarked, his gaze trailing over to Nat. "The Black Widow, Dreykov's prized possession."

Natasha's heart skipped a beat at Marcus's words. How could he possibly know about her past, about the horrors she had endured under Dreykov's control?