Chapter 35: The Date

An: Buckle up for this one. I promised fluff and I tried to deliver. This is the longest chapter I have written.
---
In Jenna's cozy apartment, the air was filled with excitement and anticipation as she prepared for her date with Nat. She begged Maria and Lily to helping her get ready, their voices mingling with laughter and chatter.

Maria eyed the dress that Lily held up with a skeptical frown. "Absolutely not," she declared firmly, her arms crossed over her chest.

Lily rolled her eyes dramatically, a mischievous smirk playing on her lips. "Oh, come on, Maria, lighten up! My girl needs to get laid tonight!" she exclaimed.

Maria's expression turned incredulous as she shot Lily a pointed look. "No! No one is getting laid tonight".

Jenna couldn't help but laugh at the exchange, shaking her head at the antics of her two friends. "I think it's nice" she chimed in, her voice laced with amusement.

Lily grinned triumphantly, holding the scandalous dress out to Jenna. "See? Jenna gets it" she declared, winking at her friend.

Maria sighed in resignation, realizing that she was outnumbered. "Fine," she relented, though her tone still carried a hint of disapproval. "But if you end up getting arrested for indecent exposure, don't say I didn't warn you."

Jenna raised an eyebrow at Lily's grin, then turned to Maria with a playful smirk. "Fine, fine, we'll pick something else," she relented, her tone light-hearted. "Plus, I already told my date that it was casual anyway."

Lily shot Maria a playful pout. "You are no fun. Look what you did." she teased.

Maria rolled her eyes, but a small smile tugged at the corners of her lips. "Someone has to be the voice of reason," she quipped. The trio made their way to Jenna's closet to find the casual outfit for her date.

With a gentle smile, she turned to her friends. "Thanks for the help, I think its time I kick you guys out though." she explained.

Maria and Lily exchanged knowing glances, their smiles widening. As they made their way toward the door, Lily couldn't resist one last question. "Are you gonna tell us who it is?" she asked eagerly, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.

Jenna grinned mischievously, her eyes dancing with amusement. "Nope," she replied teasingly, placing a finger to her lips.

Lily's excitement was palpable as she leaned in closer, her voice dropping to a whisper. "Wait...Is it N-" she began, but Jenna quickly covered her mouth with her hand.

"Shh, not now," Jenna interrupted, her laughter bubbling up. "I'll tell you later, I promise."

Maria rolled her eyes, "Hey, why her?" she teased.

Jenna's smile softened as she looked at her friends, a wave of affection washing over her. "Because I can ... Anyways, I love you, Mia. Now go on, I'll see you later," she said, gently pushing them toward the door.
---
Outside Jenna's door, Natasha stood with bated breath, her heart pounding . She glanced at the clock on her phone, watching the seconds tick by with painstaking slowness. Despite her training as a super assassin spy, Natasha found herself horribly nervous, more so than any mission she had ever undertaken.

As the digital display finally read 4:00:00, Natasha took a deep breath and raised her hand to knock on Jenna's door. The sound echoed softly in the hallway.

Inside the apartment, Jenna's heart fluttered with excitement as she heard the knock on the door. With a final glance in the mirror to ensure everything was perfect, she hurried to answer it.

When Jenna opened the door, Natasha's breath caught in her throat at the sight before her. Jenna stood there, radiant and beautiful, wearing a simple outfit that perfectly complemented her natural grace. She wore a fitted white blouse tucked into a high-waisted skirt, the soft fabric flowing gently around her legs. Converse sneakers and a side bag hung casually from her shoulder. Her hair was styled in loose waves, cascading over her shoulders in a carefree manner.