Chapter 38: Pyrokinetic Synthesis

An: Wanted to give insight into Jenna's power and also the father and daughter relationship with Tony and Jenna.
---
In the bustling streets of the city, Zero led Tony Stark through the crowded sidewalks towards  the Safe House cafe.  As they stepped into the cozy cafe, they were greeted by the cheerful sight of Mabel and Charlie behind the counter, their smiles as warm as the aroma of freshly brewed coffee that filled the air. Mabel's eyes lit up at sight of an Avenger in her little store.

"Hello there Mr.Tony Stark!" Mabel exclaimed, her voice filled with genuine delight as she waved them over to the counter. 

As Tony and Zero approached the counter to place their orders, Zero hesitated for a moment, her gaze drifting over the menu board as she considered her options. "I think I'll pass on the coffee today," she said with a small shrug, her tone casual as she turned to Tony. "But you should definitely try the Stark Special. It's named after you, after all."

Tony arched an eyebrow in surprise, his interest piqued by the mention of a drink bearing his name. "Stark Special, huh?" he mused, a hint of curiosity in his voice. "What's in it?"

Mabel grinned mischievously, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "Oh, you know, just a little bit of everything," she replied coyly,"But trust me, it's worth a try."

Tony chuckled softly, his curiosity getting the better of him as he nodded in agreement. "Alright, I'll give it a shot," he said, his tone playful as he turned back to Mabel. "One Stark Special, please."

Settling into their seats, Tony took a moment to survey their surroundings, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. "Nice choice," he remarked, his tone approving as he glanced around the cozy interior of the cafe.

Moments later, Mabel emerged from behind the counter, a tray in hand as she approached their table with a grin. "One Stark Special for the man himself," Mabel set down the cup in front of Tony with a flourish, Zero watched with amusement, her lips curling into a playful smile. But before she could comment on Tony's drink choice, Mabel turned towards Zero with a knowing twinkle in her eye.

"And for you" Mabel said, her tone laced with a hint of mischief as she reached for another cup on her tray. With a wink, she placed it in front of Zero, her smile widening into a grin.

Zero's eyes widened in surprise as she glanced down at the cup before her, a mixture of confusion and realization dawning on her. "Wait, is this...?" she began, her voice trailing off as she met Mabel's gaze.

Mabel nodded, her grin widening into a knowing smile. "Your usual," she confirmed, her tone filled with playful affection. "I thought you might want it." Mabel said as she walked away. Zero blinked in surprise, her mind racing as she processed Mabel's words.... She knew.

Zero noticed a subtle shift in Tony's demeanor—the way his eyes flickered with hidden thoughts and his shoulders tensed ever so slightly.  Instinctively, Zero reached out, her hand resting gently on Tony's arm as she leaned in closer, her voice filled with genuine concern. "Are you okay?" she asked softly, her eyes searching his for any sign of distress. "You seem... off."

Tony's gaze softened at Zero's words, a flicker of gratitude shining in his eyes. For a moment, he hesitated, as if debating whether to confide in her. But then, with a resigned sigh, he shook his head. "I'm fine," he replied, his voice tinged with a hint of sadness. "Just... dealing with some stuff."

Zero studied Tony's expression carefully, her intuition telling her that there was more to his words than he was letting on. "You don't have to pretend with me, Tony," she said gently, her voice barely above a whisper. "I'm here if you want to talk about it."

Tony hesitated for a moment, his gaze fixed on the tabletop as he struggled to find the right words. "It's... complicated," he began slowly, his voice heavy with the weight of his memories. "Remember that mission where that witchy girl got into my head?"