Chapter 63: Cliche Hopeless Romantic Date

TW: horribly cheesy and fluffy. Might throw up from the amount of fluff.

January 1st 2013

The evening was cool as Natasha stood outside Jenna's apartment building, a bouquet of flowers in her hand. She raised her hand to knock on the door. Jenna swung the door open, a bemused smile playing on her lips.

"You know, you have the keys, right?" Jenna teased, arching an eyebrow at Natasha's theatrics.

Natasha chuckled, offering the bouquet of flowers to Jenna. "I told you I'm giving you the most cliche hopeless romantic date" she replied.

Jenna laughed, accepting the flowers with a grateful smile. "Well, you're certainly succeeding" she remarked.

"Oh, by the way, I borrowed your car for today," Natasha announced nonchalantly.

Jenna raised an eyebrow, her lips quirking into a playful smile. "You're going to use my Honda Civic over your Ferrari?" she teased, her tone laced with amusement.

Natasha nodded, her expression unapologetic. "It's a Corvette! but it draws less attention" she confirmed "Plus it's not the car that matters, it's the company," she replied smoothly, her gaze softening as she looked at Jenna.

Jenna chuckled, playing along with Natasha's playful banter. "That was incredibly cheesy. Who are you, and what have you done with my Natalia?" she quipped, her tone filled with mock suspicion.

Natasha laughed, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "You ready?"

With a gentle smile, she opened the door for Jenna, gesturing for her to step inside. Jenna laughed as she settled into the passenger seat of her car. She watched as Natasha adjusted the driver's seat, scooting it back to accommodate her taller frame.

"Someone's a little short" Natasha teased with a playful smirk.

Jenna rolled her eyes a grin tugging at the corners of her lips. "Shut up," she retorted, playfully nudging Natasha's arm.

As they entered the Safehouse Cafe, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee enveloped them, mingling with the cozy ambiance of the quaint establishment. Mabel, who was behind the counter, nearly jumped up in excitement as she caught sight of Jenna.

"Jenna, sweetheart! Oh, it's been too long!" Mabel exclaimed, her eyes lighting up with genuine joy as she rushed around the counter to envelop Jenna in a warm hug.

Jenna returned the embrace, a bright smile gracing her lips. "Hey, Mabel! It's good to see you too" she said warmly, her voice filled with affection. Jenna and Natasha settled into their , Mabel practically bounced over to their table. She greeted them with a warm smile, handing each of them a menu.

"You won't believe what we've got for you today!" Mabel exclaimed, her enthusiasm infectious. "We've just introduced a new line of specialty drinks inspired by the Avengers!"

Mabel beamed, flipping open the menu to reveal a section dedicated to the new Avengers-themed beverages. "Well, we've got the Hulk Smash, the Ironman Brew, and my personal favorite, the Black Widow Blast!"

Jenna's eyes widened with amusement as she scanned the menu. "Black Widow Blast?" she asked. Jenna chuckled, glancing down at the menu. Her gaze landed on a particular item that caught her attention, and she couldn't help but burst into laughter.

"What's so funny?" Natasha asked, looking over at Jenna with a bemused expression.

Jenna shook her head, unable to stifle her amusement. "It's just... my usual drink is listed under the name 'Pyro'" she explained, pointing to the menu.