Chapter 128: Kicks

An: Fun fact Jenna divorced Natasha for a few hours so she can really experience I love you, Im sorry.

━━━━━

December 3rd, 2024

Jenna stirred slightly as she felt Natasha's gaze on her, even before she opened her eyes. There was a familiar warmth in the room, not just from the early morning sunlight filtering through the curtains.

Natasha lay next to Jenna, her head propped up on one hand, her eyes fixed tenderly on Jenna's stomach where their unborn child was growing.

"Stop staring, you creep" Jenna mumbled sleepily, her eyes still closed.

Natasha chuckled softly, her gaze not wavering. "It's my birthday, I'll do as I please" she replied playfully.

Jenna rolled over to face Natasha, her eyes finally opening to meet Natasha's affectionate gaze. She reached out and pulled Natasha closer, wrapping her arms around her.

"Happy birthday, baby" Jenna whispered, pressing a kiss to Natasha's cheek.

Natasha smiled, leaning into Jenna's embrace. "Thank you," she murmured softly, her hand resting gently on Jenna's stomach.

Then she felt a fluttering sensation beneath her fingertips. At first, it was faint, like a gentle brush against her hand. Then, it happened again—a tiny kick.

Natasha froze. Her breath caught in her throat. She glanced up at Jenna.

Jenna's smile as she saw the look on Natasha's face. She gently took Natasha's hand and placed it over the spot where she had felt the movement.

"Feel that?" Jenna asked softly.

Natasha nodded, "Yeah" she managed to reply.

━━━━━

Jenna hummed softly to herself as she moved about the kitchen, cracking eggs into a bowl. The morning sunlight filtered through the window, casting a warm glow over the countertops. She glanced over her shoulder when she heard Natasha enter the kitchen, a book in hand.

Natasha's brow furrowed slightly as she watched Jenna bustling around. "Stop what you're doing and sit down" she said firmly, closing the book in her hand.

Jenna turned to face Natasha, a playful smirk on her lips. "Natalia, I'm barely pregnant" she protested, gesturing to her stomach with a light chuckle.

Natasha sighed, walking closer to Jenna with a look of concern. "The book says to avoid any regular physical activity that could reduce your risk of pregnancy complications" she explained gently. "What if you fall?"

Jenna shook her head, reaching out to place a reassuring hand on Natasha's arm. "I appreciate you looking out for me, but I'm fine" she assured Natasha. "Just let me make breakfast."

Natasha hesitated for a moment, her gaze flickering between Jenna and the kitchen counter. She knew Jenna was independent and strong-willed, but her concern for their baby outweighed everything else. "Okay" Natasha relented finally, though her expression remained wary. "But be careful."

Jenna leaned forward, pressing a reassuring kiss to Natasha's cheek. "Okay. Now, why don't you sit down and let me finish making breakfast? I promise I won't do any acrobatics"

Natasha chuckled softly, Okay, fine" she relented with a small smile, squeezing Jenna's hand gently.

Jenna and Natasha sat at the kitchen table, enjoying their breakfast together while casually discussing names for their baby.