Chp.6

Khalif (Swae Lee) Point of View

I swiped my forehead off, Slim and I just finished performing at the Gladiator Stadium and most of all of the people had exited.

There was music still playing threw the stadium and I was wandering around looking for Nique. She had disappeared after she wished us goodluck off onto the stage. I kept looking to the side of the stage and out in the crowd but I didn't see her.

So after the show I had talked to Meechie and he said that he last saw her was on the second level of the stadium down by the restrooms. But that was way before the show started.

Its been at least 2 hours since he seen her and now I'm having the hardest time finding her. Im now on the 5th floor heading to the 6th and in a minute I'm going to give up out of exhaustion.

When I reached the 6th floor I could hear the echos of her voice. “Yes ma'am. I know I know she is coming to visit us on the 17. "

There was a pause and a sigh “Yeah we see her twice a year, but you know I dont like to be around her she brings to much drama."

My eyebrows furrowed who was she talking about? When I finally reached her she was saying goodbye to her mom. “Okay I will tell him you said Hello. Okay love you ma goodbye."

She turned around and jumped back screamed and slapped me in my face. “AH SHIT!" I held my cheek.

“Oh my gosh Khalif I am so sorry! I didn't mean to, you know my reflexs are quick!" She pulled my head into her chest rubbing my cheek.

When she stepped back she examined my cheek “It'll fade it's just a red mark."

I rubbed at my cheek that still stung “Who was that on the phone?" I asked but knew the answer.

“Its was momma. Oh and by the way she said Hello and for you to look after me til I get back."

I smiled “Next time you speak to her tell her I said I will."

Nique grabbed my arm linking mine in hers. It was night pitch dark the stadium lights were dimmed and the stars above were glowing brightly. “Let's take a walk."

We began walking down the halls there was an open view of the sky. She was staring at the sky like this was the only chance she'd ever be able to get see it.

“What's on ya mind shawty?" I asked.

Nique whipped her head at me ready to go off “C'mon ma I was just playing." She glared at me.

“You know I hate that." She stated matter of factly.

While I shrugged and smirked “But I also know it drives you crazy."

I felt like teasing her. I unlinked my arm from hers and led her towards the balcony edge, at first I was standing to the side of her but when she wasn't looking my way I slid myself behind her.

Her hair was out and curly. Her blondish brown curls waving all over the place due to the high wind. My arms snaked around her small waist and I laid my head on her shoulder.

“Swae?"

“Yes Mini Lee?"

She shifted a little to put more weight on her right leg than her left “What are you doing?"

I chuckled “I'm chilling with my best friend." I whispered in her ear.

I felt her shudder I dont know if it was because of the wind or because I just whispered in her ear. But she didn't protest she let me remain in my spot behind her.