Chp.37

Tears filled my eyes as the horrible words left the doctor's mouth, my baby was deaf. Khalif held me tight as I looked over into the incubator where she was sleeping.

"Other than that Miss. Graham your baby is completely health."

I stayed silent Khalif informed the doctor that he could leave. I looked over into the incubator at Rosalynn with glassy eyes. My baby, why out of everyone it had to be my baby!!

"It'll be alright Nique." Swae tried to sooth me but instead he was upsetting me more.

I shoved Swae away from me "How the fuck is this anywhere near okay? Our baby... my baby girl wont be normal."

Swae looked at me directly in my eyes "She will be normal if we treat her as if she is. She only has a hearing impairment it isn't the end of the world Omunique!!"

I shook my head my eyes now dried up "To you it's a hearing impairment but to me I can already see the teasing and bullying she is gonna endure, I can see her struggles of communication Swae you dont understand."

Swae looked over to Rosalynn who was now staring at us with wide eyes. "I didn't think of it like that."

"You didn't but I did! Hun that's our baby girl I don't want her to have to feel the pain I felt when I was in school."

Swae held me tighter kissing my forehead. I shook him off of me and turned over in the bed "Can you sign us out please?" I asked stiffly.

As Swae left out Rosalynn made a few grunting noises and I sat up. I picked her up and she stared up at me with her big funny colored eyes.

Tears sparked mine, I kissed her forehead and slowly she fell asleep again.

Later that night we were once again in our home. Khalil was asleep and Rozalynn was wide awake.

Khalif was holding her as she just stared at him her little fragil body bundled up in a swaddlers blanket.

"I love you Omunique."

My head fell a little as I looked up at Khalif "I love you too."

Swae looked over towards our bed where Khalil laid and then looked down into his arms at Rose. "This is my family."

A knocking started at the front door and a sigh passed my lips. My sore body limped to the front door I swung it open and my heart stopped "Carmen?"

Carmen let out a small smile and stepped towards me but I didn't step back "Can I come in?" She asked.

"No now what do you want?"

Carmen smiled a dimple in her now full face popped out "Im here for my son."

I looked at her as if she was crazy "Bitch you must be out of your Rabbit ass mind Khalil is my son. I raised him, took care of him, and love him."

She shook her head lowering it then coming back up to look me in the eyes "Hun what do you think I've been doing. I went to rehab and got myself together for him. I love my son to I birthed him and gave him to you for his own wellbeing. I'm sorry that you got so emotionally attached to him but I want him back now."

As I got ready to shut my door in her face Swae came behind me with a sleeping Rozalynn in his arms. "Swa-Swae is that you?"

I looked at her, her eyes glazed over in excitement but as he came closer with Rozalynn in his arms her eye brows creased.

"When-when did this happen?" Carmen asked motioning her hand towards my baby.

I squinted my eyes at her "Does it fucking matter? Please leave my property before I call the cops!." I demanded.

Carmen let a smile glide across her face "C'mon lets be honest if you call the cops all I have to say is you kidnapped my baby and your holding him in there. There is record that Khalil is mine so lets be honest is calling the police your best bet?"

I raised my hand further up the door "Bitch This is my sun." I used my other hand pushing her out of my door way I slammed and locked the door in her face.

"Mama!Mamaaaa!" Khalil stood in the living room entry way rubbing at his eyes looking at me. He lifted his hands towards me wanting to be picked up, I did pick him up and kissed the top of his head.

He laid his head on my shoulder and teqrs sparked my eyes "Your my baby." I whispered.

Swae and I went to our room and I laid Khalil down on our bed while we set Rosalynn's Bassinet up. We laid her down and then flicked the light off while crawling on the sides of Khalil.

"Goodnight Baby."

I smiled "Goodnight Khalif."

As the night went on I hadn't heard Rosalynn cry not once I got worried and woke up to check on her. She was still in her bassinet sleep, I gathered Khalil up and took him to his nursery flicking the light on to lay him down. I kissed his forhead and put a blanket over him, I left his room turning the light out.

I went to lay back down but as I git ready to grunting noises came from the bassinet. I walked over to it seeing Rozalynn flailing her arms around tears in her eyes.

I picked her small body up and walked to the kitchen to make her a small bottle. I fed her and then changed her after, I rocked her for a while before she fell back to sleep.

As I rested my exhausted body on the bed I soon fell into a deep sleep my body finally finding relief.

"WAKE UP OMUNIQUE PLEASE WAKE UP NOW!" Swae shook me hard the dots slowly left my vision as I fully woke up. "KHALIL IS GONE HE IS GONE!"

I threw the covers off of me in hurry, I stood up fast and ran to his nursery. His window was raised to his room and his bed was a mess.

"It was Carmen it had to be Carmen." I said matter of factly.

Swae pinched the bridge of his nose "Crazy Indian giving ass bitch."

"We need to call the police" Swae stated but I quickly stopped that theory.

"No Khalif No we cant. The police cant help us find a baby that wasn't ours to have in the first place."

Swae rubbed his temple as we hears Rosalynn screaming in the back room for someone to Come Get Her.

I raced to the back room fearing that Carmen was back to get my other child. I got to the back room to see Rosalynn safe in her Bassinet crying out of hunger or her being soiled.

Swae entered the room throwing on some shoes "Im going to go drive around and look for him Nique. I'll be back in a few hours I swear if I get my hands on that crazy maniac she's dead."

I laid a hand on Swae's shoulder "Please dont do anything you'll regret, but at the same time make that hoe suffer."