Chp.26

After Ebony made sure I was stable enough to leave at home she left to go to her own home. I was sitting in my room in the dark staring at the four walls that surrounded me.

I was used to getting that question asked time and time again, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt still. A sigh left my lips as I threw my hands behind my head and fell back on the bed.

A interview and two shoots, when I say I was absolutely tired I mean what I say. As I closed my eyes and started off into sleep there was knocking at my front door.

A light groan left my lips “I'm gonna kill Ebony!"

I got up from my comfortable position on my bed to answer the door. And not to my surprise Ebony was standing there scratching her head “I didn't leave my phone here by a chance did I?"

“Ebony go check then leave so I can go to sleep! Damn!"

Ebony scooted her way past me and entered the living room. She picked up a few pillows and shook out a blanket when her phone fell out and made thud.

“Okay found it!" She cheered.

A tired smile left my lips “Now take ya black ass to your own home dont come bothering me no more I swear I aint gone answer."

“Yeah..Yeah Yeah." she spoke. After I made it big I bought a small house it was two bedrooms in the suburbs of ATL.

I watched Ebony enter her car and drive off. Thats when I shut my door a huff leaving my lips, I drug myself back to my room dropping myself down onto my bed again.

“Can't a Nigga get some sleep."

I shut my eyes once again trying to let myself go to sleep. Just as I felt sleep take over me there was a banging on my front door.

I swear on my two big toes Ebony is gonna get her ass kicked. Like I said before if she came back I was not answering that damn door.

After continuous banging I checked out my window I didn't have a view to see who was at the door but I didn't see Ebony's car.

Instead there was a raggedy Malibu sitting in my drive way. I threw a mini tantrum in my bed before throwing the covers off of me and stepping foot onto my hard wood floors.

Banging continued until I made it to my front door swinging it open and coming face to face with someone I'd never expect.

“Carmen?"

She looked so out of place from the last time I saw her. Her clothes were torn and dirty, her hair all over her head, and it seemed as if she was on something. “How'd you find my house?"

Carmen just looked around as if she was paranoid “Can I- Can I come in?"

“No!" I said while leaning against the door frame.

Carmen looked down, so I followed the trail of her eyes. A carrier sat on the ground with a baby set loosly in it. No blanket cover the baby, the baby wasnt even strapped in.

“C'mon." I moved over so she could scooch herself and the carrier threw the door.

When she entered she turned around looking down playing with her fingers “I know I have no right to be here- but- but- I need a fa- favor?"

Carmen continuously stuttered she was barley able to complete a sentence. “Do you think I want to even consider looking at you after the pain you caused me?" I yelled which caused the baby to cry.

As it cried Carmen fiddled with her fingers completely ignoring the baby. The baby looked extremely small and fragile, I picked it up and she didn't seem to care