Chp.39

"C'mon Im not gonna tell your little behind again!" I tugged at my 7 year old son Jacobi's arm.

Today was an important day it marked Rosalynn's 15 birthday. We had a huge surprise for her and I couldn't wait to try it out.

Sadly Swae was on a reunion tour with Jimmi so I told Swae I'd video tape her reaction. I was deeply depressed that he'd miss such a huge moment in her life but of course he does brings in our source of income so I couldn't be completely mad.

Our son Jacobi wasn't deaf like his sister, he was born full term and healthy. He had a touch of jaundice but that was curable.

He frowned folding his arms not wanting to leave the park "Getcha little ass back here!" I whisper yelled as he ran off towards the swings.

As I got over to the swings there was a woman with her back to me aiding my child. It looked as if he had tripped or something.

Jacobi looked up at me reaching his arms out in distress I picked him up while the woman turned around. "Ebony!?"

I looked at her in shock "I haven't seen you in years." I held Jacobi close while also giving Ebony a slight hug. As a little girl ran to Ebony tugging on her pants.

"This is my niece Sammy."

I smiled at Sammy "Hi Sammy. What have you been up to?" I asked Ebony.

"Ive been quite busy. Ya know after we lost contact...because of the situation between us. Then you left the modeling industry becoming a full time mom." She trailed off as I nodded my head already knowing where this was going.

I looked down "How have you been?" I asked.

She shrugged "Pretty good. I cant complain I'm living fancy and got a great boyfriend but I found out that I'm barren."

My eyebrows furrowed "Why cant you have kids?"

She shrugged "I told the doctor not to tell me. Not matter what those people tell me I know God has a stronger will, if he wants me to have kids he'll grant me a child."

I smiled at her encouragingly "Yeah thats true."

Ebony turned her towards me "What about you?"

"Ive been okay. I guess you know the whole Khalil situation had got to me leading me to almost insanity, but I've gotten over it over the years slowly but surely. I just needed to come to terms that he is either still out here and growing into a fine young man or he is in a better place. I got two kids Jacobi and Rosalynn which you haven't seen since you and Jimmi broke up when she was 5."

Jacobi cut in "Today she is turning 15!"

I smiled "Speaking of her I have to get going its time to pick her up we have some important things to handle today"

I smiled while turning away "How can I keep in contact with you?"

I looked back towards her "My number has never changed. 3213232."

She waved and I turned around walking back to my car. I set Jacobi down and he ran towards the back opening the door and strapping himself in.

By the time I got settled in the drivers seat he was knocked out. I smiled to myself, I took my time getting to South Central High which is where Rosalynn attended school. We kept it under strict instructions that she wasn't to tell that her dad was Khalif Brown because he was still very well known.

When I pulled infront of the school she was there with her friends laughing and signing something.

A text message popped up on my phone and I opened it up.

MySwae: Dont forget to send me the video my love

Nique: I know my love

The door shut and I looked up from my phone, Rosalynn sat next to me amd turned her head smiling.

"Hey mama."

I smiled at her "Hello How was your day?"

"Good I got lots of birthday wishes and love" She laughed an awkward laugh.

If you were a passerby you'd know that something was off, but hell I didnt care that was my baby nothing was going to stand in the way of my love for her, not even her horrendous laugh.

I smiled and started the car into drive. About an hour into the drive Rosalynn tapped my shoulder while we were at a red light "Where are we going?"

"You'll see just sit back and relax!"

As the car ride came to an end Jacobi had woke up, he was fidgeting and ready to get out of the car.

I pulled into the lot of a doctor's office. I motioned for her to get out she rolled her eyes and shook her head "Im tired of visiting doctor's mom. You are always looking for a cure when your not gonna find one you cant fix this problem!"

Tears sparked at my eyes "We aren't here for that hunny."

She rolled her eyes not believing me.

I grabbed Jacobi's hand as we crossed the parking lot. As we entered the lobby Rosalynn let out a weird squeal of joy, I rounded the corner and saw her hugging her dad tightly.

Jacobi let go of my hand and ran towards his dad as well. Swae bent down on his knees hugging little Jacobi "I missed you guys!"

Jacobi smiled "We missed you to Daddy."

The nurse called me to the desk and I filled out a few sheets of paper work. We were soon being called to the back, "So how are you all today?"

I smiled "We are fine and you?"

He nodded his head "Im fine."

He grabbed a few papers and took a seat in his rolling chair. "Okay, so Im going to need Rosalynn to sit on the bed right there. And take her ear plugs out."

She was watching and lip reading what he was saying and did as told. She sat down, the doctor sat at this large machine he stuck to patches with wires to her forehead and handed her these things to place on her ears.

As they got everything together and hooked onto her the doctor looked towards her.

"Im going to have your mom speak, raise your hand if you hear any static sound okay?"

Rosalynn shook her head and the doctor nodded at me to speak. "Hey hun can you hear me?"

Rosalynn stayed blank face she didnt give a signal. The doctor turned a knob and asked me to speak again. "Rosalynn."

Rosalynn rose her hand up a little.

The doctor turned around and signed towards Rosy "Was it loud or quiet?"

"I couldn't really hear anything."

After a half an hour of no progress Rosalynn was ready to go seeing no point in this. Jacobi was getting restless and Swae looked disappointed.

"I want to try one more level okay?" The doctor told me.

I nodded my head and agreed she turned a few things on her machine and then looked at me for me to speak.

"Rosy baby can you hear me?"

Rosalynn's head jerked her hands immediately covering her ears. She nodded her head rapidly. Tears trailed my eyes as I stood up rushing over to her, "You can her me. Oh God you can hear me."

The doctor turned towards me "I told you, it was possible. She might meed implants, and earbuds at the same time. Her brain waves that reach her ears are so slow that she misses the frequency of sound."

Rosalynn looked so confused "She will have to be taught as if she was baby to learn what each word is. Everything that we say is knew to her even her name so its as if she was a baby Mrs.Brown."

I nodded my head, I toned out all I could think about was my daughter being able to hear after 15 years of silence.