Chp.21

Khalif Point Of View

I raced to Nique's room finding a shirt and towel, I went back to the living room where Omunique was sprawled across the floor. I got down onto my knees and lifted her up and threw a shirt over her.

The towel in my left hand patted at her mouth to wipe away the foam. She showed no signs of life at the moment and it was scaring the fuck out of me. “Please Omunique Please wake up."

There was banging on the door “Paramedics!"

I raced towards the door and swung it open, two men raced in with a gas tank looking thing and a gurney. They placed a mask on her face and both lifted her onto the gurney. I followed after them when they exited the apartment. Her neighbors all gathered out in the hallway watching in awe.

My heart pounded and I was sweating, I was so confused at what was going on. “What was it that you witnessed?" One of the two paramedics asked.

I thought back to that moment “She started shaking and foaming at the mouth, then all together it stopped and she fell limp."

We were now in the elevator waiting for us to hit ground level “Is there anything that she has been doing that could harm herself such as drugs or taking any new medicines?"

“No new medicines or drugs but she had been starving herself eating and throwing up food. Could that be it?"

The paramedics shook their head yes “That's exactly what's it. Her body is most likely suffering from lack of nutrients and it triggered a seizure."

My face fell and they rushed out of the elevator. The lobby management all looked in shock as Omunique was rushed out of the apartment building.

The paramedics boarded her into the back of the ambulance and then I stepped foot in as well. They hooked a IV into her that was connected to a bag of clear fluid. “What's that?"

“It's a bag filled with a mix salts and sugar things that her body is in desperate need of. "

I nodded my head while looking over Omunique. I grabbed her hand “Your gonna be okay babygirl. Your gonna be okay."

When we arrived to the hospital they rushed her in and as I tried to follow behind they stopped me. “Sir you'll have to wait out here. We'll come back and inform you on what her condition is."

A sigh left my lips as I went and found a seat in the holding area. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and called Slim up.

“Hey man where you at we got a meeting in 20 minutes."

A huff left my lips “I aint gone make it, I'm up at the hospital-"

“What the fuck happened to you?"

“Nothing happened to me, but I went to straighten things out with Omunique and while I was there she started having a seizure."

Slim let out a groan “Damn bro she gone be okay?"

“Ion even no."

“Well I'll let Mike know that we can't make it cuz of an emergency and I'll meet you up there in about 20."

I nodded my head “Alright."

I hung up the phone and layed my head back against the wall. See what the fuck I was talking about. This was all for a job? Her almost dying for a job?

My baby is now in the hospital because she wanted to make her own money but to do so she had to starve herself.

I waited patiently for Slim to arrive and when he did he raced over to me grabbing me into a bro hug. “Aye man you alright?" He asked after stepping away from me.