Chp.12

Omunique's Point Of View

“I love you mama!" I kissed her cheek and hugged her tight. Today was the last time I was gonna see her until Christmas.

I found an apartment out in Atlanta, that I'm moving into. My mother doesn't want me to leave because she wants me to stay close to her. But after the Skylynn fiasco I refuse to stay here for any more of the summer.

Kacey didn't want me to leave her there, so I insisted that she stay with me until her mother returns from her business tour. At first my mother was skeptical but she agreed as well as Kacey's mom.

“Baby be safe. And you little boy you better take good care of my daughter and niece, if anything happens to them your head will hang over our fireplace you understand!?" My mom said pointing a finger into Swae's chest.

Swae gulped a little “Ye..Yes ma'am."

My mother hugged him briefly and whispered something in his ear that made him chuckle slightly. She patted his back and then pulled Kacey in for a hug. “You better behave out there. No running around like a lil hoodlum. Ya understand?"

Kacey sighed “Yes ma'am."

“I'm so proud of you babygirl your finally growing up and moving on to bigger and better things in life. I never thought you'd move out of state so far from me." She wiped a strolling tear from her cheek.

“Ma come on stop." I said pulling her into a long hug while rocking back and fourth. “I'm a big girl now okay? I can do this."

She smiled “Oh I know hunny. I know."

When we heard the flight number my mother kissed my forehead and Kacey's “Be safe all of you." She said eyeing Swae most of all.

“Okay Love you mom."

“Love you Aunty see ya around."

“By Mrs. Graham."

She waved us off and we walked off to our shuttle port. When we boarded the plane my eyes grew glossy. A lump forming into my throat. I never thought I'd be leaving this city. All my life I planned to stay here and earn my master's degree, get a job, find a man to settle with, and raise my kids.

Yet instead I'm running off with a man that isn't mine to claim. But I love him so much I'm leaving everything that I have behind including the one person that I've been able to count on all my life all because I'm in love with him. My best friend must be something special.

“Yes I am." Swae spoke.

My eyes grew wide “What?"

“I am special, especially to you. Everything you said you just said aloud. I'm sorry that you feel that way, if you aint wanna come you don't have to-"

I cut him off “I want to but it's so much I'm leaving behind."

Swae grabbed my hand squeezing it slightly “And everything that you are leaving behind is opening up space for everything that is coming to you."

I sighed “Your lucky to have me."

He laughed “Trust me I know"

2 1/2 hours later

My bones cracked as I stood up from the seat I'd been in for 2 1/2 hours. Swae was sleep so I pinched his arm and he jolted awake. “Damn a ' Get Up' would of been just fine."

I chuckled. We exited the plane with Kacey right behind us “So guys where are we staying?" Kacey asked throwing her arms over Swae and I's shoulders.