Chp.24

I brought my hand up to my mouth tears sparking my eyes. A burning sensation running threw my nose, my eyes stared blanly at the phone screen I held in my hand.

Swae and Slim cocked there heads at me unsure of what had just been introduced to me. I ran into the kitchen throwing my phone onto the counter. There was a knife drawer and I immediately went in it looking for the largest sharpest knife.

When I pulled in out Swae, Slim, and Skylynn all had entered the kitchen. “How could you?"I pointed the long knife in Swae's direction.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion “Nique I don't know what your talking about!" He semi yelled while backing up.

I got my phone from the counter and unlocked my password I refused to look down at the article and pictures I just saw.

I tossed the phone his way he caught it.Hiis eyes didn't even have to get a good look at what was on the phone screen to know what I was talking about.

“Now dont tell me that damn lie that you don't know what the fuck I'm talking about."

Skylynn butt in “Nique put the knife down."

My smile turned wicked as I pointed it towards her “Shut the fuck up hoe."

I started to walk closer to Swae, the knife now pointed at him “So you decided to cheat on me then have the nerve to tell me ' I'd never hurt you baby'?"

Swae was at a lost for words “Baby.."

I slashed the knife in the air “Don't fucking call me that!?"

He jumped back and Slim spoke up “Nique give me the knife-"

“Shut the fuck up, yo ass probably knew but had that brother code and shit and aint wanna tell me so Shut the fuck up."

“Now" I pointed the knife back at Swae.

A smile playing across my lips “Did you or didn't you cheat? I want to hear it come from your mouth."

Swae looked down “Omunique Yeah I cheated but-"

“THERE IS NO FUCKING BUT!! WHO THE FUCK DID YOU CHEAT ON ME WITH!!?" I screamed.

The pictures that were shown to me, I couldn't see a face. Swae looked down not wanting to speak up, I placed the tip of the knife at the zipper of his pants “I will cut your fucking dick off and feed it to you. Speak the fuck up!"

“Carmen.."

The knife left my hands dropping to the floor. Anger taking over my body I slapped him in his face and looked over at Slim who just had a knowing expression.

A hand covered mouth “Oh God.."

I snatched my phone from Swae's hands and speed walked to the front door. Tears finally leaving my eyes and drowing my face, Swae came running into the living room “OMUNIQUE PLEASE JUST LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY!" He screamed.

“There isn't much to say is there..it's the simple fact that you cheated." I said barely above a whisper.

“But it was when you made me mad, you know I do stupid shit when I'm angry."

A small laugh left my mouth “Im mad and I do stupid shit when I'm angry, yet you still have your dick...We are over Khalif."

My heart felt as if it stopped pumping blood and just as I got ready to shut the door I spoke up to say one last thing “It was nice knowing you as a best friend as well."

With that I shut the door and walked out of the house. The sun was setting and the moon was nearly high in the sky.

Tears streamed down my face, for so long I wanted us to be together and for so long we were friends. I knew a relationship would fuck it all up for us but I didn't known it'd hurt me this bad.

Khalif told me even before we got into this that it just wouldn't work. I believed him but my heart was to far in it to back out.

More tears left my eyes, my face now was becoming sore and puffy. As I walked down the street cars passed and I just watched. I had a nice hour's walk before I got home.

Just as I started to pick up my pace a car pulled up next to me a girl peeked her head out of the window. “Nique?" I was confused.

“Um yes?" I asked the girl.

“Its me Ebony from World Changers Corp. I'm Miss. Janelle's assistant!"

A small smile formed on my face “Oh hey!"

She came to a stop “ Do you need a ride?"

No crossed my mind but “Yes!" Left my lips. I walked over to the passenger's side and hopped in. I sat quietly to myself and looked out of the window.

“Are you okay?" She asked.

I smiled lightly “Yeah I'm okay." I lied threw my teeth.

“So where are we off to?" Ebony asked.

“To the apartments off of Terrance."

She nodded her head and made a sharp left. After 20 minutes of driving we had made it to my apartment building and I stepped out of the car. Before I had got out of ear shot she had called out my name.

I turned around in an expectant manner. “If you ever need anybody to talk to, you can shoot me a text!"

I gave her a weak smile “Okay."

Ebony's car pulled off and I made my way up to my apartment. When I made it in I slid my back down the wall “Why me?"

Khalif's Point Of View

“What have I done!?" I slammed my hands down on the kitchen counter as Slim and Skylynn just watched me.

I turned my attention to Skylynn “WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE? LEAVE!" I yelled.

Slim shook his head at me “Dont take yo anger out on her because of your stupid ass mistake." Slim turned around escorting Skylynn out of our house.

I reached deep in my pocket for my phone. I know she wasn't gonna answer but it was still worth a try. I called her phone over and over again til it was like a ritual.

I had been sitting in the kitchen for hours and now I was just staring at the knife she could've killed me with it but didn't.

Man I never cry but I could feel the hot tears trailing my cheeks “Damn I fucked up."

My fist continuously beat the tile that I sat on. She is gone for good I lost her as my girlfriend and best friend.

All because of Carmen's stupid ass. Her words exactly “No one will find out, I promise."

I beat my head in my hands as more tears left my eyes. A phone binged and I thought it was mine so I quickly picked it up fumbling with it. It wasn't mine's so I stood up to see a sparkly cased phone sitting on the counter.

Omunique took her's so it had to be Skylynn's. I picked it up seeing a text message.

Her stupid ass didn't have a lock on her phone so me being nosey I went to open the message up. I saw a very familiar number, Carmen's.

How in the hell do they know each other?

C.Baby: Did it work?

What the fuck was going on? I got my phone from my pocket and shot Carmen a text.

Meet me at Place Street's Cookies Diner @ 10:30 we need to talk.

I sild my phone back into my pocket.

Alot of shit needed to be answered and I intend to be person to get the answers.