3

August

I stepped out my car afta lookin' around ta make sho' nobody was outside Raigen's complex, and made my into her buildin'. A nigga been dodgin' her for 'bout a day nah, and I know she gone wanna chew a nigga out when she see me, but she gone have to hear me out on this one. I opened her doe wit' the key she gave me a while back, and stepped in. I could hear her and some Otha folks laughin'. I assumed that it was prolly her sister and home girl. They all turned around to look at me and sho' 'nough it was them.

"What up y'all?" I waved.

"Oop daddy's home. Time for us to get up out of here." Alegra said before getting up off the couch.

Paige did the same, and looked at me confused befoe lookin' back at Raigen who was still chillin' on the couch. "So he got a key now?"

"Yes Paige, just so he can get in and out quickly. Lets not make it a big deal."

"I'm not, just was wondering when that happened." She defended befoe grabbin' her purse and comin' ova ta the doe wit' Alegra.

"Bye August." They both said befoe steppin' out.

Raigen got up, and came ta lock the doe while I went into the kitchen and put the Popeye's I got foe the both us on the counter. I had ta bring the peace offerin' 'cause I know she finna go in on ya boy. I watched her walk around, and come into the kitchen. She hopped up on the counter, and started laughin' and shit.

"Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in." She stated.

I huffed already seein' whea' shit was 'bout to go. I'm gone hope she let a nigga say his peace though 'cause I for real had a reason foe ditchin' baybeh yesterday.

"Rai, don't do this."

"Don't do what?" She asked while grabbin' her box of food, and openin' it up.

"Don't do that bullshit whea' you jus' mad off rip ma." I explained.

She looked at me, and rolled her eyes while chewin' on a frie. She swallowed, and put the box back down. "What you expect August? You haven't answered any of my calls, texts nothing! For damn near twenty-four hours, and didn't show up for dinner. How the fuck do you expect me to act right now?"

"I expect for you ta hea' what the hell I gotta say."

"Hear what August? Hear you tell me about your bullshit business shit you had to handle? "

"So me goin' to Chay's dance recital was bullshit business?" I questioned furrowing my eyebrows.

"Don't even do that August and don't give me that face. If you communicate with me better then I would've known what it was that took up your time. All you had to do was respond to my texts or just called back." I know I was wrong foe not replyin to her texts or answerin' her calls but a nigga didn't know that Chay's recital was gone be that long. I thought I was gonna be in and out in less than two hours.

I walked ova to her and wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my head in the crook of her neck. "I'm sorry baybeh"

"Don't keep saying sorry if you're gonna continue to do the same shit Aug"