24

August

"You smokin'?" Chris asked holdin' the blunt out ta me.

"Nah," I declined. I haven't been smokin' for a while now so my system could be clean just in case I had ta take a drug test in orda to get joint custody of Aiden.

Chris, I and a couple people from his crew had jus' been chillin' until his concert lata on. I looked up from my phone when thea' was a knock on the doe. A few girls had walked in, they was bad I ain't gone lie, but one thing for sure and two things for certain I needed to leave 'cause this scene wasn't fa me. Girls, weed & drinks just spelled trouble plus I was in a good place wit' Raigen after errythang that done happened and wun tryna mess nun up so I got up to leave.

"Aye Chris I'm 'bouta leave man, I'a see you later on."

"Aight bro." He threw up the peace sign and I left.

Makin' it home I seen Rai car in the driveway. I ain't really seen her all day so I was glad I could spend some time wit' her 'cause I missed lil mama.

"Baybeh!" I called out. She ain't respond so I walked into the kitchen, but she wasn't in thea'. I walked up the stairs and looked in our room which was also empty. After walkin' around a few otha places I thought she would be and not finidn' her I gave up. I guess she dropped her car off and went somewhea' wit' Alegra or Paige. So I took my phone outta my pocket and called her.

"Hello?" I took my phone away from my ear and looked at it to make sure it was Raigen's phone I called.

"Whea' Rai?" I asked realizing it was Alegra who answered, wonderin' why she was answerin' Rai's phone.

"Uhh," she dragged out.

"Uh what Alegra?" I asked now gettin' irritated.

"She's in jail Aug."

"Fuck you mean she in jail!" I yelled. "Fa what?" 

"Some shit happened, the police was called and she was arrested," She explained.

"Elaborate A, what the fuck happened?"

"Look I'll have her explain to you but we downtown at the detention center." I sighed then grabbed my keys goin' back out the doe. I don't know why Alegra couldn't just tell me so I could know if I needed to get Rai a lawyer or not. I guess she ain't got no serious charges if they did charge her in the first place 'cause I'm sho' she woulda said some 'bouta lawyer.

--------------------

"I'm here to check on the status of  Raigen Ruiz, she was brought in here today." I asked the officer at the front desk. She looked up from her computer screen at me then back to it and started typing.

"The person you're asking for is not in the system at the moment."

"August," I heard Alegra call out behind me. I turned around to face her since I couldn't get any information on Rai from the cop. "She's just in custody right now she hasn't been processed yet."

I ran my hands down my face before respondin' "Man what happened A?"

"Let Raig--" She started to say but I cut her off.

"Ion got time to wait on her jus' tell me why was she arrested."

"Her and Jasmine got into a fight, her neighbor called the police and Rai was arrested."

"A fight ova what?" I continued to question her. "When the fuck did this shit happen the last time I talked to her she was leavin' the mall."

"It happened after that, and the phone call she got from you saying Jasmine never showed up. We went to her house and she was leaving. Not just bouta go somewhere for a few leave, I'm talking vacation leave she had suitcases and all." Now hearin' that kinda pissed me off 'cause now Jas on some real sneaky shit. She don't show up at the testin' place then have the nerve on tryna leave.