32

August

I stood behind Rai holdin' her hair as she continued to throw up in the toilet. She had been throwin' up a lot lately since we found out she was pregnant. My po' baybeh couldn't keep anything she ate down. This baby was puttin' her through it.

"August I--" She started to say but started back throwin' up. I reached over towards the bathroom counter and grabbed one of her many hair ties. I put her hair in a lil bun so I could go get her a Tylenol pill and somethin' light ta eat.

"Baybeh I'a be back I'm 'bouta go get you somethin' that you can keep down." She nodded her head as she stayed rested over the toilet. I so badly wanted to call my mama and ask her what I could do for Rai, but her ass wanted to wait to tell anybody so I guess I gotta figure shit out on my own.

It's already bad Jasmine know, I jus' hope Rai don't find out or Jas run her mouth. 'Cause I ain't got time to be dealin' wit' Rai's temper. I walked downstairs and grabbed her Tylenol bottle, a cold glass of water and warmed her up a bowl of soup with a side of saltine crackers.

When I made it back upstairs she was laid out across the bed.

"Come on baybeh and eat this soup and crackers so you can take this pill." She mumbled somethin' but I couldn't understand her cause her face was covered wit' a pillow. I sat the items on the nightstand and climbed in bed next to her removin' the pillow from over her face. "What'cha say?"

"I said I wouldn't be going through this if you would've just used a condom."

"Ain't no condoms bih," I laughed. She hit me in my chest and pulled the pillow back over her face. I started laughing cause luh baybeh was really mad. We ain't neva used a condom.. Well except the few times in the beginnin' of our relationship but after that I been in that thang raw. I'm jus' surprised she ain't been popped up pregnant.

I removed the pillow from her face again and noticed she was cryin'.

"Wassup, why you cryin' ma?"

"Cause that soup smells good but I know I'm not gonna be able to keep it down." I pulled her close to me and wrapped my arms around her, if she wasn't so hormonal and moody I'd bust out laughin' cause she really cryin' about some soup.

"Jus' try it and if it doesn't stay down we'a call ya doctor and ask him what we can do." She nodded her head into my shirt and sniffed. Jus' as she removed herself from my grasp the doorbell sounded off lettin' me know Aiden was hea'. "Eat that while I go get A."

"Okay." She responded wipin' the excess tears from her face then grabbed the food from the night stand. I jogged back downstairs jus' as the doorbell continued to ring out.

"Lay up off the doorbell luh man." I said openin' the doe catchin' him about press it again.

"Big man," He corrected me.

"Oh yeah I forgot, you a big boy na." He walked passed me into the house while Jasmine passed me his overnight bag.

"He has a little cough but nothing to serious but he does have some cough medicine in there, so just make sure he takes it when he wakes up and before he goes to sleep."

"Gotcha, Aiden come say bye to ya mama." He ran back over to us and hugged her around her waist. She bent down and kissed him.

"I'll be back to get you tomorrow night okay?"

"Okay," He responded. "I love you."

"I love you forever more."

Seein' them interact done somethin' to me cause Jas really does love Aiden and sometimes I questioned that, jus' from the stuff she did. There was a point in time I really wanted to take him away from her 'cause I don't think she have it all. Meanin' her constant mood and attitude changes. Jus' seein' that myself and noticin' it I can imagine how she is in the privacy of her home. I jus' hope it ain't nothin' too bad, but I will talk to Aiden 'bout it.