Epilogue

Omniscient

"So what you're telling me is your friend Jasmine set all this up and ordered you to kill Ms. Ruiz?" Police officer Rosenberg asked for clarification. Making sure he heard everything the distraught female told him and his partner Detective Clement.

"Yes," Tierra replied then held her head down as tears kept continuing to fall.

"Where can we find this Jasmine girl at?" Detective Clement inquiried.

"She should he home."

"Alright," Detective Clement reached over and turned off the tape recorder that held Tierra's confession. "Officier Rosenberg get her handcuffed and processed, while I look up Ms. Walton's information."

All Tierra could do was continue to cry as she was being handcuffed. She knew this was going to happen, which is why she mentally prepared herself these past few days. She understood that her actions would later require a consequence and she knew if she had to go down for something she did, Jasmine was going down also for planning this all out.

Vanity

"Fulton County Police department open up." I heard followed by banging on my front door. There was only one reason why they were here... Tierra. She ratted me out.

I ran into the living room and peeked out of the window and saw that my front yard was surrounded by not only the police but media reports, and people that lived in my neighborhood. There was no way I was getting out of here without being caught.

My emotions were running high as I thought of an escape plan. I was not trying to go to jail for something I didn't physically do. I jumped scared as the banging continued followed by orders to open up or they were breaking my door down.

All of this over somebody dying. They were reacting like I killed the president or something. It was just Raigen, and it wasn't like she didn't deserve it.

With being scared and emotional caused Jasmine to speak up.

What did you do vanity why are they police here?

"Jasmine if I've never needed you before, I do now." I pleaded.

What did you do? She yelled.

I crawled over to the corner and sat against the wall as she continued to yell and the police continued to bang on the door right before I got the biggest headache and saw the door get kicked in.

Jasmine

"Jasmine your under arrest for the murder of Raigen Ruiz and attempted murder of Auburn Alsina."

"What, I didn't kill anybody?!" I yelled backing away from them as they grabbed at me trying to latch the handcuffs on. After trying to resit they slammed me down and finally got me into handcuffs as one officer read me my Miranda rights.

"Vanity what did you do?" I asked loudly as they drug me out of my house. "Vanity!" I cried yelling out.

She didn't answer.

The officers got to the end of my driveway to where a few police cars were parked as media reporter's bombarded me asking questions of things I had no idea about. I didn't kill anyone nor plan anyone's murder.

The door to the car was open as I was shoved inside.

"Vanity! What did you do why did you kill Raigen?" I continued to call out.

No answer, it was almost like she disappeared.

She left, she did all of this, she planned all of this just to have me take the fall for it

Omniscient 

Days after the funeral had ticked by, ticked by and kept ticking until they turned into years. Years of him having to cope without a girl that proved to be a big part of his life for so long, he had to work without her and find himself all over again. 

They of course weren't uneventful years, just take four of them back, about two days after the burying of Raigen. Cops came knocking on the Alsina's residence and they had news that August honestly never anticipated in his life. The officers had his fiancées murder and for the life of him, he couldn't wrap his mind around why Jasmine of all people would go this far. 

Detective Clement didn't hold anything back as he told August every last detail of the case and asked him many questions on the relation between he and Jasmine. The detective explained she was the master mind behind the whole thing, well maybe not exactly Jasmine , but Jasmine's alter ego: Vanity. Clement broke down Jasmine's mental disorder to August and things soon began to click; all the mood swings, giving up on Aiden, it had all made sense. Jasmine couldn't control it. 

The news shook August's world for quite some time and even worse when he went to visit Jasmine in the physic ward that they had her in. Admitted it was far fetched for him to go and meet with his fiancées killer, but August realized some things: life's too damn short. The two met and once he saw the sincerity that Jasmine posed for something she couldn't control, August forgave her, forgave her and prayed for her. 

Now four years later, and being a single father with he and Raigen's daughter and also still raising Aiden, things are starting to look up. He'd never say it's back to normal, he'd never say anything is perfect because a portion of his heart would always be missing as long as Raigen was, but things were getting better. 

"Come on Aub, pick up the pace lil mama." He called over to his daughter as she trudged behind him. 

"I comin' daddy." 

"You movin' kinda slow baybeh girl." He laughed at her. 

He stopped his walking completely to turn around and watch his daughter slowly make her way over to him. When she did get there she looked up at him and a smile grew across his face looking into the big pretty eyes that he felt like he looked into so many years ago. 

The petite girl came closer to the headstone just before the two of them and looked down at it as August did the same. 

Here lies Raigen Breauna Ruiz, loving daughter, fiancée and mother. To be met again one day. 

1993-2015

Auburn crouched down onto her knees not even needing instruction anymore thanks to her frequent visits to the grave sight with her father. August followed his daughters lead and crouched onto his knees too before placing the fresh bouquet of roses before the headstone. 

"Happy birthday Rai." He smiled. 

"Yeah happy birthday mommy." Auburn smiled even brighter. 

She was so used to talking to her mother this way that she begun to dabble off into her own little conversation with Raigen, knowing not to expect a reply like her father taught her when she was old enough. August watched his daughter interact with the headstone and smiled, just proud of the little girl he was blessed to have in his life. 

His last piece of Raigen. 

"Damn I miss you," He mumbled. 

Auburn snapped her head to the side and swatted her fathers arm before putting her finger to her lips. "Daddy! Shh, I'm talking to mommy." 

He could only laugh at his sweet little girl and her tendencies to always do something to remind him of her mother. The memories that came flooding in just from that interaction prompted a tear to slide down his cheek as he chuckled to himself a little bit. 

"You see that Rai? That's all you ma."

The End.

--------------------

Auburn in MM :)