37

Raigen

"Fuck this I'm hungry," I mumbled climbing out of bed. I tried my hardest to go back to sleep without getting up and eating so late but I couldn't help it. I slipped on my robe and house slippers before I walked out the door of our room.

I walked down the hallway and looked inside Aiden's room to check on him and he was knocked out just like August was. I pulled his door back closed making sure not to shut it all the way and started to make my way downstairs to the kitchen. My stomach was literally growling like I just didn't eat before I went to sleep.

I heard little tapping noises behind me and turned around to see Nova following me. Her little self was struggling to make it down the steps so I scooped her up in my arms. Ever since Aug surprised me with her we've been attached to one another. She don't really like August like that cause he always yelling at her for the most stupidest shit and she don't too much fool with Aiden cause he play too rough with her.

Like last time they were playing he almost killed my poor baby by tossing her down the steps thinking she was gonna land on her feet like a cat; and he often thinks she has nine lives when she doesn't. So since then she doesn't go near him and barks and tries to bite him every chance he does get close to her, which makes August yell at her and makes me yell at him for yelling at her for protecting herself.

Once I made it to the kitchen I switched on the light and sat Nova on the floor, then walked over to the cabinet and took out a packet of Knorr's chicken flavored broccoli rice. Then went to the freezer and grabbed one of the many boxes of ham and cheese hot pockets. I made sure August kept these two things in the house because I craved them all the time.

"Hello from the other side, I must've called a thousand times." I sang to myself while I was putting my finished food on my plate. When I was satisfied with everything I turned around and almost dropped my food because August was standing there not saying shit scaring the fuck out of me.

"Stop ruinin' that girl song wit' that shit you call singin'."

"Whatever August, you almost made me drop my food and stop scaring me, you're not supposed to scare a pregnant woman asshole!" I yelled at him.

"Says who?" He asked smartly laughing.

"Ya mama."

"She'ont know what she be talkin' 'bout." He waved me off, then walked closer to me trying to see what was on my plate. "What the hell Rai?"

"What?"

"Why yo rice look so creamy and why you got all that ranch on top'a ya hot pockets?"

"I put ranch in it also." I said pushing him out the way then sitting my plate down.

"Nasty as fuck bruh."

"Leave me alone August, just let me eat my food how I wanna eat it."

He threw his hands up in surrender. "Hey I ain't God so I can't judge ya, as long as you feedin' my baybeh I ain't complainin'."

I rolled my eyes as I sat at the island and started eating my food. "Just like I'm not gonna judge you since you wanna be me so bad."

"What'chu mean?" He asked confused. I pointed towards his curls all over his head and then pointed at my curly fro. "Nah you wanna be like daddy." He laughed.

"Boy bye!" I waved him off and continued to eat my food.

He watched me for a minute before he turned his head and looked in the direction where Nova was. "What'chu give her ta eat?"

"Nothin'."

"Her lil ass ova thea' chewin' on somethin'." He responded getting up off the stool. I looked over at Nova trying to see what she was chewing on as soon as August picked her up.