9

August

walked up into the studio just ready to lay down a few tracks today so I could get home to Raigen and we could go out tonight. It's been a good couple of days since this whole public thang. Of course some of the fans goin' in 'bout Rai, but shit it ain't nunin' to block a bitch. Outside of the few folks talkin' shit it's jus' been good. Nah we ain't gotta sneak around erry damn where. Shits jus' chill. 

"Wazzam woe?" I asked Knuck as soon as I stepped in. 

He dapped me up afta turnin' 'Round in his chair. "What up, what up boy! You ready to get to work?" 

"Hell yea. Been meanin' to get out here for a minute." 

"Yeah whatever. Now I know why yo ass ain't been out here, too busy chasin' behind yo old lady." 

"Man shut up trynna play me." I laughed while I stepped into the booth. "And that ain't why, bitch." 

I put the head phones on and then fixed the mic for myself. It's been a long while since I been in the studio, but I really want ta finish up on these songs right quick. I need to drop a damn single soon or these fans finna lose they damn mind. 

"Yo run the track for Hip-Hop." I tol' him. 

He did just that and a nigga got straight to work. This track mean a whole lot to me and I'm very, very excited to get it out to the people. While I was sangin' the hook and errythang I looked up to see the door to the studio open and in came Jasmine. 

Knuck turned to look at her ass confused and shit and I feel him. He cut the music off at the same time I took my headphones off. She sat down on the edge of the couch in the room jus' sittin' like it's cool and shit. I know Knuck gonna go off though. He don't play about studio time 'specially folks just walkin in unannounced. 

"Uhm excuse me female, but who are you?" He asked her while I stepped out the booth and into the room.

"Jasmine. I have to talk to August." 

"Okay and I have to work with him. Why you thank you could walk in here unannounced sweetheart? We don't do that during my studio times." He explained to her. "August, you invite her?" 

"Naw bro, but I'm sorry. Lemme jus' go talk to her right quick and see what's up." 

"Man, hurry up Yung. We got thangs to do." 

I nodded my head agreein' wit' him while I walked over to Jas. She stood up and I followed her out the room and into the lobby. She turned to face me and looked a lil sad. 

"What's up Jas, Whatchu doin' here ma?" I asked her. 

"I needed to talk to you and I saw your car when I was driving pass so I figured I'd just come in and see if I could speak to you." 

"Okay, but you can't just be poppin' up all in the studio while I'm workin'. I explained. "Anyways, whatchu need to talk to me about?" 

She bit down on her lip and moved from one foot to the other. I ain't talked to Jas since a couple weeks ago and ain't have no plans to. Even when we was textin' it was jus' lil conversation here and there nunin' deep. I know Rai don't like her and that's why I ain't been talkin' to her a whole lot recently, but then again Jas is still a good friend of mine jus' 'cause we got a lot of history together. 

"You and that girl, Uhm Raigen. So y'all really together?" She asked me. I licked my lips and nodded.

Yea, been wit' her for almost two years nah." 

"Really, and you never told me?" 

"Had to keep it under wraps for media reasons." I shrugged.