10

Raigen

"Bria keep looking over here." My coworker Drea acknowledged. I rolled eyes and then looked up from my computer to catch her eyes on me. Since my relationship has been known all I catch is stares now. Half of them say something, whether its hey or something slick to downplay my relationship by calling me a gold digger or an attention seeker, which I'm neither. I knew things like this would happen but I expected it from his teenage fans but half of the people that's been bold enough to say shit in my face have been people around my age.

"She can look all she wants to but she's not gonna say shit." See Bria is the type of bitch to have other people start her drama for her. She'll stay in the background making sure nothing happens to her playing the victim. She's done it multiple times in the office, I don't even know how she still has her job to be honest.

"Yeah I know, she's just salty that's all it is. We follow each other on Instagram and she has made August her man crush Monday a few times."

"Who hasn't, shit he's been mine too." I responded laughing at myself. "But unless she gives me trouble and chooses to not stay in her own lane then we'll have a problem until then it's nothing." I shrugged my shoulders and finished typing up the article Drea and I were working on.

Since I've been back to work after becoming public with August things have been weird. I'm not just 'Raigen the entertainment reporter' girl anymore. I'm August Alsina's girlfriend, my boss even offered to switch my column from page six to page two, thinking it'll attract more readers. Even though I so badly wanted to accept his offer I had to decline. If that was to happen I wanted to work for it just like I did moving it up from page ten. I didn't wanna be that cliche girlfriend that forgets where she came from or uses her boyfriend's fame to get her special advantages. Because what if he and I break up tomorrow then what?

"So tell me about y'alls relationship, like how did it happen, how does it feel dating a celebrity I want the tea!" Drea asked excitedly. I giggled at how amused she was with wanting to know. Other than Alegra, Paige and my family, I never have talked to anybody else about my relationship.

"We've had our moments but what relationship hasn't." I started off. "But other than that he's so perfect Drea, like from everything he does for me, his ambition, drive, hustle and passion is what attracts me to him the most. I hate how blogs and the media only show the bad in him when he has done so much good shit that gets over looked a lot. As far as how it feels dating him, in the beginning it was weird having to adjust to things. Like him not being able to spend a lot of time with me because of him putting out his first album and touring, and doing appearances. It got easier to deal with but harder to deal with the girls, and us not being able to be public.

"So why did y'all decide to remain lowkey?"

"It was his mangers and labels decision basically. They wanted to grow his fan base, get him known as a single, young R&B artist first before adding me to the picture. It was just supposed to be a sixth month thing but ended up being extended into a whole year and a half."

"Damn your patient as fuck for doing that, that's like being a mistress or side chick foreal."

I laughed at her analogy "It felt like it, having to always sneak around shit. I'm just happy that chapter is closed off and done with." I sighed out loud.

"Now you just have to deal with the media, paparazzi, fans and all that other shit."

"I know but hey this is what we wanted so its what we have to get through together as a couple." I stated tapping on the text notification that just came in.

Big Daddy Aug - (4:50pm): I'm omw.

I shook my head laughing at the name change he did in my phone, while I responded to his message. I saved the article I was working on so I could finish typing what we wrote later. August decided on taking and picking me up from work since we haven't really been spending time together this past week and a half due to his schedule being all over the place, he was getting ready to go on a promo tour once he drops his new single that will be featured on his sophomore album. So we were tryna get as much time as we could together before he leaves.