5

Part 2

Raigen

Hurt is definitely evident within me right now, but I'm not going to let it show. The only emotion August is going to detect from me is that I don't give two fucks that he's here. I can't let him get into my system again especially when we're not even together anymore, but who in the hell would have known he'd head right back to Jasmine of all people? It's just barely been a whole damn month and he's already with someone else. That hurts just because I haven't even gave another man besides him a second thought. It's cool though, just like he's doing him, I'm gonna do me. 

I walked out deciding to go and catch up with Michael he was still talking to the friend that slid in earlier, and just my luck they get made it near August and Jasmine. Aug clearly hadn't seen me because he was still letting Jasmine play all up in his face and he must be enjoying it. 

"Hey," I interjected as I slid in next to Michael. "Can I steal him away from you for a little bit?" I asked his friend. 

"Sure, sure. I'll catch you later Michael." He told him before heading off in the other direction. 

I took his place in front of Michael and smiled at him before looking over at August to see if he'd taken notice yet, but he hadn't. 

"So you've come back to me." He smiled. 

"I have. I wanted to talk." 

"You want to talk, to me? This must be my lucky night." He smiled. I laughed a little at him and he grabbed my hand pulling me to a pair of chairs behind us. 

We both took a seat having a good view of everyone around especially the one person that I need to see me. I turned so I was facing Michael better. 

"So you must know Winter, huh?" I asked him. He nodded. 

"Yea I know her. She's a friend of a friend and we've run into one another on a couple occasions. How you know her?" 

"Same. We'll sort of, she was a friend of a friend and then we became friends." 

"Nice, nice. So what do you do Ms. Raigen?" He asked. 

I glanced over to see August take a brief survey over the area and his eyes landed on me for a long minute, but I had reverted my attention back to Michael to act like I hadn't seen him. This should be fun, now. 

"Uhm I'm an entertainment blogger slash interviewer." I explained. 

He nodded with a face that seemed like he was impressed. "Wow, that's nice. So you like it though?" 

"Love it. It's always nice, and always nice to meet new people through it." 

"I'm sure. You don't interview for people like Media Take Out right?" 

I laughed and shook my head before finishing off my drink. "Oh God no. I hate Media Take Out anyways." 

"Good, I do too. Always saying some false information. Swear they come up with the most ridiculous stories." 

"Yes they do." I agreed just before Alegra came by and passed me a drink before quickly walking away past August. I was confused by her get away but just let it go. 

I sipped from the drink while Michael watched me for a second. I found it nice that he's been completely in tune with me, not even worried about anything going on around. It's nice to have someone's full attention on you like this genuinely listening to me. 

"So Raigen," Michael asked, catching my attention. "Are you one of those girls who came to look cute or are you cool with actually getting in the water?"