Return to the Turnabout, Part 2 (Averl)

A girl walked to the witness stand. She had short white hair and red eyes masked by sunglasses. Her skin was almost translucent. The witness was albino, if I had to guess. She wore a school uniform similar to Ms. Channings and Ms. Claris.

"Witness, name and occupation," Prosecutor Bullgard commanded.

The girl nodded. "Clarith Blake, university student." She pulled her sunglasses off and clipped them to shirt collar so that they fell over her chest.

"Witness, please testify about what you saw when you ran into the defendant," Prosecutor Bullgard said.

Ms. Blake nodded. "Very well then."

WITNESS TESTIMONY: CLARITH BLAKE- WHAT I SAW

-I was standing in the hallway near the bathroom when I ran into Aria.

-She didn't seem to have noticed I was there.

-I was about to move on when I realized something...!

-Blood was dripping from her left hand!

"That is all," Ms. Blake announced, looking down nervously. I bet that memories of what she had seen were flooding back to her. Murder was a gory concept, after all. And that's putting it lightly.

The judge nodded. "Thank you. Your cross-examination, Mr. Red?"

Lucas nodded with a smirk. "I'm ready."

"You find something?" I asked.

"Yeah. But I'm going to have to squeeze a little something from her before the contradiction can be revealed," Lucas answered.

"A contradiction is a contradiction, though," I told him. "No matter how you find it."

CROSS-EXAMINATION: CLARITH BLAKE- WHAT I SAW

-I was standing in the hallway near the bathroom when I ran into Aria.

-She didn't seem to have noticed I was there.

-I was about to move on when I realized something...!

-Blood was dripping from her left hand!

"HOLD IT!"

"Was the defendant wearing something on her left wrist at the time?" Lucas questioned.

"Yeah. I think that she's still wearing it," Ms. Blake replied.

Lucas smirked. "I'd like you to add that last part about the wrist piece to your testimony!"

"What are you pulling, Mr. Red?" the judge asked.

"Yeah, Lucas," I hissed. "What does a wrist piece have to do with the case at hand?"

Lucas continued to smirk. "You'll see soon enough."

-She was wearing a wrist piece on the same hand. She's still wearing it now.

"OBJECTION!"

Lucas slammed his hands on the desk. "Ms. Blake."

"Yes?" Ms. Blake asked.

"Lying is unbecoming," he smirked.

"W-what do you mean?" Ms. Blake questioned, messing with her sunglasses. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"I'd like you to take a look at the defendant," Lucas announced. "Specifically, her left wrist."

"There's a light green wrist piece...Oh!" the judge exclaimed.

"G-green...?!" Ms. Blake whispered.

"OBJECTION!"

Prosecutor Bullgard squeezed her fabric. "What relevance does this bear to the case at hand?!"