Turnabout Betrayal, Part 11 (Lily)

"Stay out here," I commanded to Jay. Chrysalis attempted to turn around and run back to Anton's hospital room, but I grabbed her wrist. "I don't think so," I told her.

"Why are you so intent on this, anyways?" Chrysalis asked.

"You faked a channeling, and I'm here to find out why you'd avoid channeling Venus," I replied. I grabbed Chrysalis' arm and tugged her into the nearby hall bathroom. To my surprise, before I could lock it, Chrysalis beat me to it, making sure the large door was locked before turning to face me.

"What exactly are you thinking of? Me being the traitor?" Chrysalis questioned, shockingly not at all rattled from my unspoken accusation. 

"How did you know?" I questioned.

"I'm psychic," Chrysalis answered. "Just kidding. I just have good intuition."

"I am accusing you of being the traitor, or at the very least knowing who it really is," I told her.

"I'm telling you. I can't tell you anything on that subject," Chrysalis said.

"Then let's talk about a little something different: your odd behavior recently," I suggested. "You said that you made a big mistake three years ago today. What is it?"

I rubbed my Magatama. It's time to crack her once and for all.

As the five red Locks clanged into view, Chrysalis replied. "I don't know what you mean. I didn't make any large mistake three years ago today."

"But something did happen about three years ago," I told her.

"That being...?" Chrysalis asked.

"GC-9. A murder case in which Natasha Young was killed," I answered.

"I'm not at all related to that case," Chrysalis replied, tensing up slightly.

I shook my head. "You've got that wrong!"

"H-huh?!" Chrysalis gasped.

"In the section labelled 'assault victims,' your name was written down!" I exclaimed.

With a growl from Chrysalis, one Psyche-Lock broke. "I don't see how that case is related to this mess!"

"Well, you mentioned a mistake at about that point in time," I told her. "And one other thing happened with GC-9 that I believe to be related to you."

"What was that?!" Chrysalis asked. She gripped her left wrist in her right hand in anger. Her glare was practically staring bullet holes into my soul.

"I found out all of this in the Oracle of the Law, and a certain person told me that GC-9 was the first case the Oracle was involved in!" I replied.

Another Psyche-Lock broke. "But still, the question lingers: how is all of this related to me?"

"The person who led me to the evidence room would have to have a certain injury you mentioned earlier. Specifically, a three inch knife scar. And if my assumptions are correct, the injury you hide with your wrist piece is indeed a three inch scar!" I yelled.

The third Lock shattered. "Who exactly is this person?" Chrysalis asked.

"Erin Anderson. And judging by the fact that she covers up her left wrist, I believe her to be somebody we both know all too well," I said.

"Who, exactly?" Chrysalis questioned. Her eyes were wide and she was practically cutting off circulation in her left wrist from gripping it so hard.

"You, of course. Both have a three inch wrist scar from a knife," I replied. I desperately hoped that she wouldn't realize that all of this was a big 'if'....

Judging by the fact that the fourth Psyche-Lock splintered into nothingness, I appeared to be on the right track. "I don't know where you're going with all of this! If you're trying to prove me to be the traitor, then you're far away from even being near the target!" Chrysalis exclaimed.

"Then you wouldn't mind showing me your wrist," I told her. 

"Why would I?" Chrysalis challenged.

"I don't have any proof of you being the spy. What are you so afraid of?" I asked.

Chrysalis sighed, biting her lip. After a few moments of her just pondering the decision, Chrysalis slid down her wrist piece to reveal a three inch scar. "Happy?" she muttered, not willing to meet my eyes.

I nodded with a smirk. "You played right into my trap."

"W-what?!" Chrysalis gasped.

"There is one way I can think of that you and Ms. Anderson could be the same person: if your big mistake from GC-9 was indeed becoming the Oracle of the Law or joining her project!" I shouted.

With a shriek from Chrysalis, the final Lock broke. I couldn't believe I had come this far, but there was no turning back now.

"Fine! I'm the Oracle of the Law and I always have been! But you have one thing wrong!" Chrysalis yelled.

"What did I get wrong?" I questioned.

"The fact that I'm the traitor. I'm the Oracle of the Law, sure, but my job is to get rid of the UCA if you read newspapers in detail," Chrysalis replied.

"You mean that...?!" I whispered.

"The traitor is somebody else. And I believe them to be another familiar face," Chrysalis told me.

"Who?" I asked.

"Bal Gam. He was the one blackmailing me, when I was Erin Anderson, with Anton's safety. If we could figure where he went after breaking out of jail, we'll probably find our traitor," Chrysalis answered.

Chrysalis' phone beeped. She pulled out the small device and checked it. "H.T. wants us back at the agency. He says that he thinks he's figured out who the traitor is."

"I wonder if he really has figured it out," I whispered.

"This might be a good thing for us. If he has figured it out, then sweet! If not, then we have one suspect eliminated. It's just that simple," Chrysalis told me.

"Good point," I agreed. I unlocked the bathroom door and walked out to see Jay crossing his arms in the hallway.

"You guys were yelling so loudly, I'm pretty sure the alpacas in China heard you," Jay sighed.

"Alpacas in China?" Chrysalis questioned. "I don't recall there being alpacas in China."

"You woke the dead alpacas in China with your screaming," Jay told us.

"Oh," Chrysalis said simply.

"To the agency!" I exclaimed. "To find out the traitor!"

If this was a good thing, why was there such a deep churning feeling in my stomach?

------------------------------------------------

I know that things don't make sense yet.

They will.

Soon.

Hopefully.

This story is very complicated my gosh.

-Digital