The Falsified Turnabout Part 7 (Yuri)

"You're telling us with this that...Prosecutor Lin is at the agency because she, Chrysalis, and Mr. Morix are all siblings?!" I exclaimed.

Ms. Anderson nodded. "Yes. That's why I brought you in here."

"How did we get in anyways?" Niamh asked.

Ms. Anderson replied with silence. "I plead the fifth."

"Either way, on the assault victims page, it says my name. Why?" I questioned.

"You were attacked at the scene of the crime by the killers. You, unlike the others, suffered from minor amnesia and lost memory of three months. In those three months, your older sisters worked with Cotoli Morix and Ghastly Bespoke on cases. Venus was on the defense side with Cassidy on the prosecution's," Ms. Anderson answered.

"So that's why Cassidy had that picture in her murder case," I whispered. "But why didn't they try to trigger a memory? And why can I remember that both of them were arrested at some point?"

"Those three months were unpleasant, to put it nicely. And you can remember that because fragments of your memory are returning after these past few years," Ms. Anderson replied.

"You seem to know a lot about this case and Yuri. GC-9," Niamh said, looking over the case file's title.

"Also in those three months, Yuri and I knew one another well. But my project started and I didn't want to drag her into it," Ms. Anderson told us. "Any other questions?"

I stood and walked over to another case file shelf. I pulled out a basket near the middle labelled 'VY-3.' "This is my sister's murder case...." I whispered. I looked at the contents of the basket: two DVDs labelled with sharpie. One read 'Actual Video' and the other 'Altered Video.'

I popped one DVD into a TV lodged in the wall. "What the heck could this mean?" I muttered.

I watched the tape with Niamh and Ms. Anderson close behind me, doing the same. After watching it (this one being 'Actual Video'), I took out this DVD and put in the other one. I gulped when the two cars in the video collided, meaning my sister's death. I bit my lip to hold back tears.

But there was one striking detail in the videos: one had a caramel haired girl at the end and the other had one with black hair, the latter being the 'Altered Video' or what not.

I turned to face Niamh, who's eyes were wide. "VY-3...evidence was forged?!" she exclaimed. My own eyes widened when I realized she was right.

"Yes. Evidence was tampered with to hide the identity of the real Oracle of the Law. The prosecution knew, which is why they presented it. Even though Prosecutor Gavin knew the risk, he followed through with it," Ms. Anderson said.

"This tape could tell us who the real one is!" Niamh gasped.

"Real who?" I asked.

"The real Oracle of the Law! Their true identity behind all of those facades and aliases!" Niamh told me.

"GC-9...I hope telling them won't come back and bite me in the bad wrist...." Ms. Anderson whispered, though I could barely make out her words.

"What was that?" Niamh asked.

"Nothing," Ms. Anderson answered, shaking her head. "Is there anything else strange about VY-3 that you wonder about?"

I nodded. "Why didn't Anton testify or even speak during the trial?"

"Anton was suffering from amnesia during the trial. He forgot about what happened due to his illness. You know, where he gets hit on the head and gets amnesia from it rather easily?" Ms. Anderson replied.

"Why didn't Buff Guiy know about Estelle Burns being the Oracle of the Law when it was announced at the UC-1 trial?" Niamh questioned.

"The Chief Prosecutor didn't want the media to get talking about the trial, so he got them to be quiet. Chances are it was to keep that Oracle girl safe," Ms. Anderson told her.

"So, now that we have at least something resolved, what now?" I asked.

"Now that it's just the three of us alone," Niamh started, "could you tell us who was blackmailing you into saying what you did in court?"

Ms. Anderson sighed. "Alright. But you can't tell anybody, alright? It might put Anton in danger."

"We won't tell a soul," I answered.

"It's...Bal Gam. From the murder case a while back at that local college...the killer...." Ms. Anderson looked away from our gazes silently.

"But how could he be blackmailing you?" Niamh asked. "He's locked up in jail."

"...The night after he was discovered, the day of the trial of Aria Claris, he escaped prison. The police kept it under tight wraps, but I overheard them talking." Ms. Anderson rubbed her fingers together silently after speaking. "I'm honestly nervous that he'll find out about this and Anton will get hurt...."

"Speaking of Anton, how in the world do you know him?" I questioned.

"We used to go to school together, about three or so years ago. But of course, the project deal came in, and I haven't seen him much since," Ms. Anderson answered. "Honestly, it was that stupid GC-9 incident that truly started it all."

I picked up the case file and began flipping through it, stopping on the basic information page. "Alright, GC-9. Your secrets are all mine." I began reading, intensity filling the air. The already intense aura intensified. Intensity intensified:

Defense Team: Cotoli Morix & Venus Rinko

Prosecution: Polly Bloom & Anton Burke

Murder Victim: Natasha Young

Assault Victims: Chrysalis Starr, Sora Lin, & Yuri Rinko

Witnesses: Chrysalis Starr, Sora Lin, Under Cover Assassin

Culprit: Under Cover Assassin

"Okay. This case is officially insane," I said.

"Agreed," Niamh nodded. "But how is this GC-9 case related to this current murder?"

"It's not. But I'm sure you all will find this information rather vital in the near future," Ms. Anderson told us. "If you don't mind, I will be taking my leave now."

"Thank you for all your help," Niamh said, bowing her head slightly.

"You're welcome. I just hope that you use this information well. I can't go around giving it to everybody." Ms. Anderson walked out, leaving Niamh and I alone with our thoughts.

What did she mean 'use this information well?'

-------------------------------------------

Oooh yay double updates.

This story's plot is like ten times better than QATH's if you ask me XD and the last case is just purrfect like Thea the cat.

You know, Erin's cat?

Speaking of which, where is she in this chapter? Really.

Oh wait. I can't tell you that so bCruz plot points.

I'm soooooooooo evil right?

-Digital