Chapter 47

Chapter 47

"They want your cure, and if they don't get that, then they want you."

"No! They can't have her! She's my baby!" Aunt Lauren squeezed me tight. I couldn't move, i couldn't breath. I couldn't do anything at that moment.

I looked at everyone around the room who had wide eyes.

I showed no emotion what so ever.

Derek looked at me and his furious gaze softened.

"I won't let that happen." He assured. He looked over at the pack members and they nodded in agreement.

"Pack meeting in an hour, call everybody." Nathan nodded and rushed out of the visiting room.

I began shaking and my aunts words became fuzzy.

This can't be happening. I thought running was finally over, i thought i was free. But I'm not. I will never be, theres always people who are out to get me.

"Not this time." Derek growled.

I didnt say anything, i only stared up at him. We stared at each other for a while, just enjoying the company of each other.

Everyone around us were in a frenzy, but honestly, the fear washed with in me and i just wanted to sleep.

****************************

I woke up in Derek's bed, cuddled up with the one and only himself. I reached up and kissed his lips gently, trying to get out of bed. Key word trying.

When i slipped out of the bed, Derek's eyes shot open and jumped out of the bed with me, looking around like i was in danger. I was in danger; the rogues wanted the cure or me. Derek was on absolute edge all the time, he hasn't left my side and claims he won't. Even going to the bathroom was a challenge because he either wanted to come in or stand at the door and it can't lock the door, just in case.

"Derek." I sighed. He kept his arms wrapped around me and nuzzled his head in my neck to relax a little. I was the only thing keeping him calm at all.

Protection around the house was crazy too, Derek had all his top men around the house, the border and even all over the woods. I've met a lot of them, but i was never left alone due to the fact Derek was so protective. So he made it up to me by letting some women from the pack meet me. Now, yes, i was supposed to go through this ceremony with Derek and I joining together as Alpha and Luna, but that was put on hold due to the circumstances. It wasnt really a big deal to me, but it looked like it meant a lot to the pack, so we were willing to do it after things calmed down.

"I need something to eat." I said and tried prying his arms off, but it was no use. He growled and slowly let go as if i was going to disappear.

"Come on, Alpha." I grabbed his hand and led him to the kitchen.

Aunt Lauren and Tomas were sitting on the island chairs and quietly talking. They looked up at us and smiled.

"What's up?" My aunt asked. I quirked my eyebrow and she gave me a questioning look.

"What's up? You're catching up on the teenager talk." I joked. She shook her head and laughed.

Everyone chuckled. Ha, wait to go Chloe! Lightening the mood a bit.

I walked over to the fridge and started rummaging around.

"Hungry?" Tomas asked.

"Starving." I announced. "Kinda craving chicken nuggets..." I searched the freezer but remained frustrated as i couldn't find not one package of nuggets. I slammed the freezer door and growled. I felt eyes beating on the back of my head, so i turned around to find everyone staring at me.