Chapter 9

I woke up with a pounding headache. I felt this uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I'm out with Simon and my dad.

Ok. What did we have for dinner last night, because i really don't feel good....

Thats the mating bond. When I'm far ways from you, your body starts to ache and beg for me to come back.

So i always have to be around you in order to feel normal?

Well, not really. It's only when I'm gone for long.

Oh.

Chloe, I'm sorry.

Why are you apologizing? Derek I'm not mad or upset, this just makes me more curious to find out how much i really love you and need you.

But people need there space.

Wait does this go for both of us?

Yes, but i have it worse because I'm the male.

And right now, your feeling worse than i am?

Completely. But i have a high pain tolerance, so this is nothing.

Ok, good.

His chuckle filled my mind.

I'll be back in a little bit, okay?

Okay.

I love you.

I love you too.

And with that, my mind went empty. As strange as this sounds, this isn't the weirdest thing that happened to me.

*********

"Come on girls." My aunt called. She was taking us to the pool behind the motel. Their were also hot tubs! Thats the first thing I'll go in.

As usual Tori wasn't embarrassed to strip her clothes right there and then, so she was in the water before me.

I decided to go to the hot tub first. It wasn't that hot out, so i wanted to get a bit warm before the pool. The hot tub was a sea green, it reminded me of the ocean. But then my thoughts wandered over to Derek, and his emerald green eyes.

I slipped off my shorts and shirt and hopped in. The water was so warm and the jets made me completely relax.

"Chloe?" A voice asked. I was almost about to fall asleep. Thanks.

"What?"

"Come on, it's getting late sweetheart." My aunt Lauren said.

"Hey Lauren." Kit said. Wait? Kit? They're back!

I opened my eyes and saw Kit, Simon and Derek standing over by the pool. Tori was tanning, I'm presuming, on the lawn chair- and she was smiling. Hmmm.... Maybe dreaming about her Prince Charming. Hah.

I grabbed my towel and stood up and got out. Everyone stared at me with struck faces and mouths open. What were they staring at? I adjusted my towel, when i caught a glimpse of my hand.

My hand was green.